1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nadav's Outsourcing and eBaying Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by nadavs, Dec 11, 2008.

1. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Disappointment. That's what I feel now when I look at my empty email box. No articles, no messages from the writer, no nothing. That writer is going to be heavily punished in the rating. No progress on eBay either. No sales for 18 days. I feel like my business is slowly dying.

She's lucky I'm on vacation.

Statistics:
    Purchased articles: 16
    Published articles: 0 (16 tomorrow?)
    Income: $0
    Expenses: $50
    Outsourcing total: -$50

eBay purchases: 0
    eBay and PayPal fees: $0.35
    eBay total: -$0.35

Grand total: -$50.35 (Big shame)

nadavs

nadavs, Dec 20, 2008 IP
    getjimmy likes this.
  2. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe she will reply, maybe on monday.

Anyway $50 for 16 articles was very cheap, it also part of equation.

DPParadise, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  3. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to enter in the middle of your "journey" but did you "tested the waters first" before putting money on article marketing? I mean, before starting to pay for articles you must be pretty sure that you will have some kind of roi.

Article marketing can be tricky and normally the only folks that get something from it are those that either write loads of articles themselves or write a few that are really targeted and that sell.

To outsource articles is kind of tricky if you dont find someone that can create very very good articles(that sells like crazy) or can create lot of articles cheaply....

Cheers and Good Luck!

web_18designer, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  4. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    When you submit your articles (if they finally arrive), what sort of page are you going to link them to?, because most article directories don't allow direct affiliate links. Selling an eBook on eBay for $17 isn't a great idea in my opinion, considering all of the other $2 eBooks you're competing against. Why don't you try and get it listed on ClickBank?

teapoint, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  5. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Answers, answers, answers...

web_18designer - of course I tested article marketing. The reason I went to outsourcing is because I got tired (and I don't have time) from writing articles. I want someone else to do it.

teapoint - I'm going to link them to specially made review pages. I don't link directly to affiliate links, since I found out that a pre-sell page works much better.

nadavs

nadavs, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  6. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great thread and great challenge!
    Best of luck with it and I'll be keeping my eye on your progress ;)

Alex

alexs464, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    The articles are in! Well, only a half of them, but that's something too. I already uploaded 7 since one was too short, but overall they seem very good. I even managed to add a good call to action for them thanks to her writing style. She's good.

Still no bids on eBay, but I'll leave it running anyway. Maybe someone will bid on my eBook (not someone else's eBook, teapoint. It's already listed in ClickBank).

Statistics:
    Published articles: 7 (That's an improvement)

Grand total: -$50.35 (Can't go lower than this)

nadavs

nadavs, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  8. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    (Can't go lower than this) - may I ask why ? It's still not time to make any assumptions. From what I read here you need about 100 articles to make judges. Over time of course.

As for ebay - right, there are lot of competition. Well, take a look. I search for something in google like ebooks, then it open some sites, then I can see all se results no more than 10, and usually some ppc ads. Less choice - more chance I will select something and with google it's easier to find then on ebay if I missed something first time.

Ebay will already list me everything with price, it's just like freelance site, shitload of competition and price means a lot in ebay, agree ? I can't even probably presel if I understand your ebay strategy, only what they will look it's a "best deal", that's not what most ebook sellers want.

So only clickbank, maybe paydotcom too.

Also congrats that writer appears to be good.

DPParadise, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  9. yonatan28

yonatan28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck Nadav, I believe that with time outsourcing will prove itself profitable

yonatan28, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  10. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats good then, since i heard from your previous post that you seen to have resumed your affiliate marketing just recently. Know that what worked a few months ago might not work now. We have seen conversion burned to 0 when just a few months ago it was 1 in 15 hoops or so....:rolleyes:

Well, just take the above in consideration before investing too much money right now, cheers

web_18designer, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  11. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    And the other half is in. Today I received the other half of the articles, which was half good. Why half? Because the driving articles were off-topic. I asked her to write about the importance of a guide. She thought it was a living guide, and I meant a written guide. When she sends me the corrected articles, she will be paid.

Also, I had a sale today after 19 dry days. A little over $57 went into my ClickBank account after a long period with nothing. Anyway, I'm not going to include this sale in the statistics because it is not related (the articles are not approved yet).

web_18designer - I didn't resume marketing just recently, I just started doing some more. I promote products that convert well and work. Don't worry about that. I have a proof now. :)

Statistics:
    Published articles: 12 (Four left)

Grand total: -$50.35 (Getting close to a positive number here)

nadavs

nadavs, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  12. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great thread still.

I'd say you may need to hire multiple writers or find some goldmine locations for freelancers. Some article teams can churn out over 100 articles a day. If you had a kid be paid to add links to the bottom of them and submit them to ezine, blogs etc you'd have automated income. Just think about that!

mikey1090, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  13. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Whoa, the article wasn't long enough for Ezine? They only require 250 words, which is less than any other article site I've ever seen, that is literally like nothing. I think you're overpaying at those rates man, seriously try to outsource here in content creation for like $1.75 each article, less for bulk and compare the quality.

wowhaxor, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  14. sachajak

sachajak Peon

Best Answers:
    One has to persevere in this game. Its a combination of lots of little actions like article submission with backlinks to your site, ppc, forum posting, product listing on ebay, clickbank et al, etc that pays off. Keep on in there. You're not far away. And you've already done more than hundreds of other people on here.

sachajak, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  15. WallerBlog

WallerBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    I see a lot of people talking about buying cheap articles. In my experience, you get what you pay for. The more you pay, the better the articles. Better articles mean better conversions.

Personally, I would much rather pay $5-$10 per article that I don't have to edit and will actually generate sales for me.

WallerBlog, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  16. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, three things got done today:
    1) 12 of my articles moved to the third part of the EZA progress bar, which means they'll be approved later today or tomorrow. The other 4 were not received yet.

2) I posted another job offer. 20 articles for $55. Someone offered me to do the job for $50. He's new, but he's American, and I much prefer Americans over Asians when it comes to English (and he has an English degree as well).

3) I got a rank of over 1300 in Durak at PlayOK.com and lost it. Well, I still have over 1200.

What didn't get done today:

1) eBay bid.

2) Getting my other 4 articles. Well, she won't see a penny until I see those articles.

Statistics:
    Published articles: 12

Grand total: -$50.35 (Getting boring, isn't it?)

nadavs

nadavs, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  17. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finally, after waiting for too long, all the articles are submitted. Five of them are already approved, and now I'm waiting for the sales to pour in. I also uploaded some forex articles to my forex blog to catch some SEO spirit in the blog.

My Elance offer has 9 proposals, and one of them is looking very good. Tomorrow I'll choose the next job provider, who will probably be my favorite right now.

And another thing - I am split testing headline for my driving test product, again. This time I'm going for parents' fear of accidents. Let's see if it works.

And eBay? Probably another $0.35 thrown to the garbage.

Statistics:
    Published articles: 16 (Finally)

Grand total: -$50.35 (Tomorrow it will be entirely different)

Merry Christmas,
    nadavs

nadavs, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  18. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing much got done today except the fact I took another provider to write 20 articles for me. I took the one that wants $55, but she (yes, a woman again) looks more professional than the other ones. I should have all articles by next week.

eBay? Nada.

Statistics:
    Purchased articles: 36
    Published articles: 16 (Finally)
    Outsourcing total: -$50 (Hopefully I'll get a sale soon, or I'll see here -$105)

Grand total: -$50.35 (What a special number)

Merry Christmas,
    nadavs

nadavs, Dec 25, 2008 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  19. WallerBlog

WallerBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to see you don't have any sales yet. However, are you seeing any traffic at all?

WallerBlog, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  20. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of CTR are u getting to your articles? Are just just submitting articles and also promoting your articles?

getjimmy, Dec 26, 2008 IP