1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nadav's Journal of the Forex Riches Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by nadavs, May 23, 2008.

Hey everyone!

A few days ago I saw a thread about the forex niche, and I said I'm going to join it soon. I opened CJ and ClickBank for forex related products and services, drooled over commission rates ($50 and above for ClickBank, $100 to $250 to complete financial freedom for CJ and Forex-Affiliate.com), and created a landing page with recommended forex brokers and trading systems. Nothing too fancy.

Since the forex niche is crowded (I once created an AdWords ad for forex and ended up in position 200), I came to a conclusion that people won't just type my website's adddress and find me, so I went ahead and wrote a couple of articles to EzineArticles (which, of course, hasn't approved them yet)

A blog was a self-debatable issue for me since I already run two blogs, one of which is very time consuming (it's hard to find good math questions on Yahoo Answers. Most of them are "What's 1 + 1?!?!?"). However, I deicded to open a forex blog anyway, so my Digg buddies can get three shouts a day from me. They'll be happy for sure (I get about 30 shouts per day, and I digg them all...).

I know something about forex, mainly from reading and trading demo accounts (after I traded stocks, for real). I can maintain one post per day and hopefully get a good rank. My math blog ranked very quickly.

All will be documented here. I'll run this journal until I hit $1000 in earnings, which shouldn't take too long when I start receiving conversions (unless all my traffic chooses to leave their details to give me $8.50 per lead).

To start off the journal with a positive note: two days ago someone found my forex page in Google(!) for the term "rating forex" (no quotes). This means I was ranked within ONE DAY! Too bad he was from Brazil, so no commission so far.

Looking for a productive journal,
    nadavs

nadavs, May 23, 2008 IP
  2. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Woot, another journal, another thread to follow... Good luck man!

And, you have a math blog? That's awesome, lol.

lemonarian, May 23, 2008 IP
  3. Belome

Belome Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck to you Nadav, I hope you find the success you are looking for. I'll be sure to watch your progress.

Belome, May 23, 2008 IP
  4. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today's progress:

1) Written the daily forex article - what to look for when choosing a trading system (the answer: whether it pays me $50 or $125 ;)).

2) Opened a blog with the full procedure (Decent template, FeedBurner with visitor count, email subscriptions, email forms on blog, and subscribe button on blog. Also: Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Digg, links to my website, Technorati) and a nice address (I now have to choose whether to leave it like that or take another one which looks better, but doesn't start with the word forex).

To do:

1) Pray that EzineArticles publishes my articles before the weekend (yeah, right...)
    2) Write an article tomorrow.
    3) Keep writing in the journal.

Have a great weekend,
    nadavs

nadavs, May 23, 2008 IP
  5. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesomely awesome. You sure do know what you're doing :)

lemonarian, May 23, 2008 IP
  6. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nadavs

if you have any desire to offer your own forex product as a "cheaper alternative" to the big dollar products, let me know.

domainiac, May 23, 2008 IP
  7. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nadav! That is freaking Brilliant lad!

I restarted goforextrade.com not even week ago. Went full force with organic, non PPC SEO. I happened to sell a copy of the Forex Raptor, and I am starting to pull some interesting levels of traffic.

The surprising thing is Nadavs, is that It didn't take me long either to build up a couple of nice SERPS on google. This is only the start of this wonderful money making journey.

It's also cool with what you are doing with Digg. I just started going hardcore on digg, and the friends just come out of nowhere sometimes. And your diggs just keep going up!

Guys, I wish you the best of luck.

Tom Howell
    The Forex Guy
    GoForexTrade.com campaign: $44.00

TheForexGuy, May 23, 2008 IP
  8. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today's progress:
    I got a sale! Well, it's not related to forex, so I won't count it here.

I visited my grandparents today, so the only progress I got done was writing in the forex blog. I have a long night ahead with writing a forex article, write in the math blog (I found a great geometric construction question), write in the driving test blog, and watch the Eurovision song contest (until 1am. We finally have a chance. Or not). A busy night indeed.

Three articles of mine were approved yesterday: two from the niche that got a sale and one on forex. The forex article is a complete failure so far, resulting in 11 views and 0 clicks. What a shame. Hopefully the next ones will do better. If they don't, I'll change the resource box.

I was planning to write an article for the niche which got a sale and also for the driving test niche, but apparently I'll write only for the forex niche today. Except Wednesday, I don't have to go to school this week, so I got full days to write articles and blog posts. Even on Wednesday I get back home at 12pm (chemistry state final, lots of fun), so I have enough time to complete all my writing tasks.

I'm off to eat and write the forex article.
    Hope for a sale,
    nadavs

nadavs, May 24, 2008 IP
  9. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today's progress:
    Another non-forex sale. I changed the header (yes, I sat two hours in front of Photoshop) and added a short text headline (Tom, TheForexGuy, gave me that advice. Thanks!). The result: a sure check at the end of the month, a potential for a bigger check (6 more days to the end of the month), and a conclusion: I need to create a header for my forex pages. The one right now is... Well... Not related to forex so much. I also need a catchy headline. Maybe I'll try to ride the upcoming (or existing) recession

Besides that I wrote three articles today: one for the driving test niche, one for the niche that sold, and one for the forex niche. Besides that, I also updated the forex blog (and the math blog).

Yesterday's results came in today at 10am (as I'm 10 hours ahead of Google's time), with a disappointing zero for forex traffic and one URL click on my EzineArticles, probably from a moderator or someone who clicked and closed the window.

I also saw that Norb, who is known here as NCMedia, is trying to make some nice commissions off the forex systems market. When I read his blog, a fast music suddenly interfered with the music I was hearing. Then I realized that's the music I set StatsJunky to play when I get a sale. Maybe I'll enter his blog more for more sales. ;)
    Anyway, good luck to you Norb. It'll be interesting if you tell us how is your forex journey going.

The numbers:
    Live forex articles: 1
    Pending forex articles: 4
    URL clicks on forex articles: 1
    Total traffic: 0 (URL clicks aren't so reliable)
    Sales: 0
    Leads: 0
    Profit: $0
    Mood: "Yes! No school tomorrow!"

nadavs

nadavs, May 25, 2008 IP
  10. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Nadavs - Thanks for thinking of me :) I have some news for you - my blog and recent market tests for the forex products are actually just market research (well, and to make sales of course!) - however I am a few short days away from completing my forex product as well (shhh) - I don't want to hijack your thread so feel free to re-visit my blog for details until I am ready to post an announcement here - They say timing is everything... I'd love your input and involvement with my forex mission actually, it's good to see you playing in this field - and getting sales while on my blog is good karma :):)

All my best in your journey,
    Norb

NCMedia, May 25, 2008 IP
  11. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't say I know much about Forex or the Forex products available. But good luck with the journal and I'll be keeping a keen eye out!

students-forum, May 25, 2008 IP
  12. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nadav ata israeli? ben kama?
    good luck ach sheli!

roy77, May 25, 2008 IP
  13. CanEh!

CanEh! Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck! Forex products does really well for me.

CanEh!, May 25, 2008 IP
  14. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    Back from A weekend of Real estate continuing education, i am ready to get down and serious with forex marketing!

LETS ROCK AND ROLL!
    Tom Howell
    The Forex Guy

TheForexGuy, May 25, 2008 IP
  15. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    Norb,

I will look more into your text and analyze it a tad.

Nadavs!

That is freaking AWESOME! Keep up the great effort and let's see the paychecks roll!

Tom
    The Forex Guy

TheForexGuy, May 25, 2008 IP
  16. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today's progress:
    Take my name and remove the V. What do you get? Nada. That's what I saw today. Some hops, one visit, lots of pending articles. Except that, nothing. No ClickBank bars, a big zero in the CJ window.

Of course, I wrote another forex article, and right now I have 5 pending. I forgot that it's Memorial Day, so the reviewers of EzineArticles took a little break. Hopefully they'll approve my articles tomorrow and I'll get some traffic from them.

Outside the forex niche, or more specifically, in the math niche, I'm doing great: my blog is becoming popular in Google (cubic functions are fascinating, aren't they?) and my math list is filling up from my blog, contributing to my big market research (new product soon?).

The big header I was planning didn't come out today, maybe tomorrow. I also found that Forex-Affiliate.com gives some cool promotion tools, like a currency converter, so I'll use that too for my non-existing visitors.

Norb - when your forex product is out don't forget to tell us. You can be sure it'll get five stars.

Los numeros:
    Live forex articles: 1 (wake up, EzineArticles!)
    Pending forex articles: 5
    URL clicks from forex articles: 2 (out of 15 views! What a CTR!)
    Total traffic: 2 (surprisingly, not from EzineArticles...)
    Mood: "Cubic functions are awesome"

nadavs

nadavs, May 26, 2008 IP
  17. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today's progress:
    The usual. One forex post, one forex article. Nothing new. Well, except for an approval of a new forex article (how to choose a broker). Not that it gave many URL clicks (or any sales, god forbid), but it's good to know that EzineArticles finally found the time to read a 400 word article and agree that I didn't write "forex" every second word.

Traffic is still not coming, and I'm starting to wonder whether it works or not. Good payment or not, I need traffic to get those sales. Writing articles is great, but if it doesn't get me anywhere, it's not useful. I really hope the articles that have the R word in their title will attract some visitors. Even trigonometry attracts more people (well, trigonometry is indeed interesting).

Well, I'm off to write in the driving test blog and go to sleep. Chemistry state final tomorrow. Actually, that's somewhat sad. I really like chemistry, and I enjoyed the lessons with my somewhat psycho teacher. Too bad all of this will be over.

The dry numbers:
    Live forex articles: 2
    Pending forex articles: 5
    URL clicks from forex articles: 3 (amazing!)
    Sales: none
    Leads: nada
    Profit: a zero with a dollar sign
    Mood: "Oh people, where are you?"
    (Total traffic was removed due to being inaccurate and not useful)

nadavs

nadavs, May 27, 2008 IP
  18. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    Nadav,

Hang in there Buddy!

Just keep your chin up!

Tom Howell

TheForexGuy, May 27, 2008 IP
  19. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today's test:
    Chemistry state final. I really like chemistry, but now it's over. I did very well, didn't study for a second. The test was quite easy in my opinion. I also learned that the boiling point of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is 423K (150C). So, who is making "Run your car on hydrogen peroxide"? ;)

Today's panic:
    When I came back from the test I was asked to type my ICQ password, which means only one thing: my account was hacked. After about an hour of nearly freaking out, I was suddenly able to log back in. I don't know how it happened, I'm just happy I didn't lose this 7 year old account.

Today's forex:
    USD/ILS remained mainly static at 3.29. Damn.

Today's progress:
    Like yesterday, with the addition of a few approved articles. However, one of the reviewers was a moron and he changed my links. Since my host uses Linux, file names are case sensitive, but the moron changed them so the links became broken. Then I got an email about a problem article, opened the article for editing, and saw what the idiot reviewer did. Now it's waiting for approval again. Indeed, geniuses.

Also, everyone cross your fingers: I got a lead on CJ. Since CJ has a reporting delay of 27 hours (WTH?), I still can't see what this lead is. There are two options:
    1) It's a lead from an expert counseling website. The lead means $0 commission, but with a potential to $50.
    2) It's a lead for a forex broker, which means a $8.50 commission.

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how much that lead is worth.

The plain, boring numbers:
    Live forex articles: 4
    Pending forex articles: 4
    URL clicks from forex articles: 4
    Leads: 1?
    Profit: $8.50? (please, please, please)
    Mood: "Bye, bye, hydrogen peroxide"

nadavs

nadavs, May 28, 2008 IP
  20. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today's update is going to be short:
    Traffic has begun to come, but not in big amounts. I still haven't found a really great title that gets a lot of attention (like my parallel parking article). The forex niche is tougher than it seems.

The lead from yesterday turned out to be worthless for now. Great. My forex blog is having two constant visitors - someone from Digg and me. That's not enough to build myself a name (like the math blog). In conclusion, big nothing.

Also, Google's Webmaster Tools shows that my site has no backlinks, I didn't have a sale for a few days now, and the dollar is free-falling against the Israeli shekel, making my checks somewhat worthless (mainly because they're small). It all gets me wondering: is there any money in the forex niche?

Numbers, numbers, numbers:
    Live forex articles: 6
    Pending forex articles: 3
    URL clicks from forex articles: 12
    Mood: "Will I end this journal with $1000 or $0?"

nadavs

nadavs, May 29, 2008 IP