1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MYSQL Tutorials

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by kalius, Mar 8, 2005.

I have been working on learning php / MYSQL but I want to find some good tutorial or resource about MYsql (and sql language used in MYSQL). I would like to learn a good deal about indexes and optimizing queries befoe I take the plunge into designing a php/MYSQL website.

Any sugestions?

thanks

kalius, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    This might not be a lot of help, but I learned everything I know from the manuals at php.net and mysql.com

exam, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  3. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Exam. The manuals on these two sites are quite possibly the best resources for these products online. I downloaded the .chm help files and use them daily.

palespyder, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  4. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    What helped me gain an understanding of php and mysql was downloading and installing phpnuke (or myphpnuke) from the beginning (not using cpanel) and getting in and tweaking and breaking. Helped immensely.

flawebworks, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  5. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Look up relational database design in general. That is what teaches good table and record design as well as how to use indexes and what type indexes perform best and which can be pitfalls.

noppid, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  6. redking

redking Member

Best Answers:
    Find a class in database design at a local community college or university. It helps tremendously and you get a feel for the database concepts in general.

redking, Mar 16, 2005 IP