1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySQL server offline at TMaxHost (anyone else using this web hosting?)

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by tmarketeer, Mar 15, 2012.

Hi,

We have been using TMaxHost for several years, but 2 weeks ago the MySQL server went offline and now all the emails and databases are inaccessible. Does anyone here uses TMaxHost? They do not reply to our emails.

Is it possible to transfer a database from one host to another if the MySQL server is down? Has anyone here had similar experience?

Thank you.
    T

tmarketeer, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  2. RobertStev

RobertStev Peon

Best Answers:
    you need a backup to be able to transfer to another host

RobertStev, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  3. Zordax

Zordax Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem. I opened 4 trouble tickets, but nobody gave me an answer from Tmaxhost.
    The probelm is that with MySql Server down, it's impossible to have a db backup to tranfer accounts to another hosting provider!

I had not problems with them in the past, but now they are causing serious damager to thier customers.
    The WHM - Cpanel in not working fine too: The /var partition on this server is running out of disk space. WHM operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

They have the web server full so that MYSQL stopped to work correctly.

I really don't know what to do.... I have a reseller plan and I have to move several accounts that are using php + Mysql, but since the server is offline, I can't make a backup!!!!!! Damn!!!!

Any idea?

Zordax, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  4. tmarketeer

tmarketeer Peon

Best Answers:
    We also had no problems for several years and also have reseller. Real pain to have the static element of the websites to work, but not the dynamic.

I replied about the monthly backup on the other post. Lots of work to do with transfering.
    Cheers.
    T

tmarketeer, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  5. Calvello

Calvello Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are with Tmaxhost you need to run away quickly. I live in Malaysia (a short way from Singapore where tmax supposedly is) and on a visit last week I found that the WhoIs address for them (him - Greg Tan) is false and the telephone number is missing 1 digit. I have had 3 reseller accounts with them for several years and no problems, but now it appears this one-man show has dropped off the planet, with no replies to support requests and the databases and mail server down.

Calvello, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  6. PanosZ

PanosZ Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen a lot of bad reviews about them in other forums. You have to go away from them.

PanosZ, Apr 24, 2012 IP