1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySQL Cluster

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by digitalpoint, Sep 5, 2005.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with MySQL Cluster, and if so what are your thoughts on it (good/bad)?

digitalpoint, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  2. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    I did some research on it for a client and it looks impressive. Ended up going a cheaper route using memcached, one very large DB server, and 5 accessory memcache boxes.

TheHoff, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  3. Enigma121

Enigma121 Peon

Best Answers:
    We haven't deployed it yet, but see it as part of our future business plans. Looks nice and scaleable, loadbalancing and failover options are available, ideal for larger business / mission critical needs. I'm surprised it doesn't have much wider use across e-commerce / ebusiness sites.

Enigma121, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  4. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Liminal, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  5. forkqueue

forkqueue Guest

Best Answers:
    Like vbmechanic I've only used memcached to scale MySQL. I've used the slaving features quite a lot as online backup (only as part of a backup strategy of course, it doesn't help when someone forgets the where clause in a delete statement), and that works very nicely, the only problem being you can't write to the slaves.

I'd also be interested in hearing anyone's experiences with MySQL clustering. It's one of those things I don't have enough load to justify on my own kit, and having never tried it don't feel confident in recommending to customers either.

forkqueue, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  6. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I dont like the whole SCO + MYSQL partnership talk agoing on right now.... Currently I am doing mysql 4 for round robin clustering (a-b-c slaving) but now testing mysql 5 master to master replication for clustering.

Shoemoney, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  8. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    will do chief

I always have wanted to try the official mysql cluster but its a little to enterprise for me.... I like the haxorific setup like you have ;)

Shoemoney, Sep 9, 2005 IP