1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySQL binary json format

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by lowinator, Jan 12, 2020.

Is there a way to call mysql functions that are being used internally to work with the binary json format? I would like to do some benchmarks like the ones shown here. Is there a way to do such measurements from outside of the MySQL code? Ideally I would be able to call serialize/deserialize functions for my own plain-text json documents and then measure the execution time of those functions.

Is this possible? What options are there to do this?

lowinator, Jan 12, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is possible.
    You are thinking about using internal functions of a particular software, and trying to use them in another software (for time measurement purposes)
    This is not possible until you have source code, but the opposite is possible.

You can create your own functions in mysql, and use those to perform operations on your retrieved data.
    You can use this same function to perform same operations on flat file data.

I have never done this, never felt the need, but here is an article which explains this:
    https://www.guru99.com/functions.html

Scroll below to stored functions and user defined functions section.

JEET, Jan 12, 2020 IP