1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySql and CakePHP

Discussion in 'Databases' started by sunilwije, May 13, 2013.

I am in the process of developping a SN couple with many other features and expect million of users and my development company is suggesting CakePHP with MySql to go with instead of regualr PHP. What are the Adv and Diadvanrages. Does this support Prrepared Stattements

sunilwije, May 13, 2013 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Cake PHP is a framework that uses a proprietary ORM to handle the database functionality. This is one of the primary reasons why I will not use cake to develop with. If you are going to use a framework, use symfony or codeignitor that supports 3rd party ORM's such as doctrine.

Have you ever used a framework for php development?

jestep, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    This thread used to be nice and long with lots of helpful content - we covered how cakePHP is just one of many frameworks and not a replacement of PHP. We also covered how if the development company can't explain their approach in layman's terms then perhaps its time to look at other development companies.

Personally I don't have a problem with the proprietary ORM in cakePHP and find it more than adequate for the complex projects that I work on. We just looked at migrating away from the cakePHP site and no third party supplier could offer what it does for anything like the cost.

sarahk, Jun 4, 2013 IP