1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

mySpace Warning: Don't get friends too fast!!!!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Nintendo, Aug 30, 2006.

1. giani

giani Peon

Best Answers:
    it was a message about this charity gig we are doing, which no one should have considered as spam as they were all part of our friends list, who presumably know the event and so would like to be reminded when the next one is happening.

I think the messages got sent simultaneusly, spyder does not seem to wait any time in between sending messages.

So far my account is still ok, I have erased all outgoing messages too, maybe that will help?

giani, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  2. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I scoff at myspace's attempt to crackdown - unfortunately bands get pinched. bands get targeted a lot just b/c hey, their promoting their digs!

I find it funny b/c myspace was a HUGE music promoter out of the gate (in the early days) before they had all the other crap they're trying to force on us, comedy, videos, etc.

heck they even released their own myspace music CD featuring a bunch of 'up & coming' bands.

now they are alienating part of the very fabric which brought a lot of people to myspace in the first place - music!!

/rant

well, I think myspace is currently broken (big surprise). my account is either flagged or not too. However, I couldn't send comments yesterday but I can today, despite the flagged warning still in my inbox.

my advise is to take it slow - honestly I think it was a glitch in your case.

good luck.

timsdd, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  3. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps your friends should do the obvious.

Change the password, no more problem.

pjpjpjpj, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  4. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    what amazes me is how many goobers fall for these schemes. I've had to block about 100 tainted profiles over the past 3 weeks or so. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

timsdd, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  5. giani

giani Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it is a shame!

Anyways, thanks for your advice =)

giani, Mar 8, 2007 IP