1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace wake up call for every one doing marketing via it.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Connections, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

lol im deffiantly not a spammer I hardley do any marketing via myspace,

I remember you saying you do "1000s of requests a day" on mspro's

so obviosuly you are adding high numbers aswell..

I might send 1 or 2 bulleints a day this is hardley "spam"

I only target my sites to the demogrphic's I use, I only advertise sites that are nice, I would never touch a XXX site or something dodgey.

thank you.

Connections, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  2. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    I know people who have been served with lawsuits from MySpace. If you think they won't go after you for marketing on there in ways they don't like you are sadly mistaken.

30k Challenge, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I guess that is why Myspace is getting rid of your junk profiles, huh? :rolleyes:

fryman, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Being a spammer has nothing to do with how many bulletins or messages you send. A spammer is a spammer after they send the very first one.

If you say you're only targeting a certain demographic, how are you doing it? If you're just assuming the average Myspace user demographic is the same as your site's target user base, then you're not really targeting. And just because they click yes to an add request doesn't really mean you're targeting them. And even if you really are targeting a selective group, you have to account for the language and format of what you're sending. Someone already made a good post about that... regarding the difference between casually adding a link to the bottom of a quality message versus sending a bulletin for the sole purpose of screaming out "look at this site!"

If you want to use Myspace more effectively, stop looking for a quick fix. Create a quality and legitimate profile for yourself or your company. Send out quality bulletins (like commentary on something in the news, a general announcement if you have something to say people might actually care about (like if you publish a review or interview on a site they'd be interested in), etc. And include your link at the bottom. If you get in the habit of providing them things they actually want to read, then they'll get into the habit of opening your messages, reading them, and be more likely to trust links coming from you.

It's kind of the same concept of forum posting with links in your sig. It's obvious who the spammers are and who's legitimate. If someone gives you quality information, you might be enticed to check out the links they provide. If they just piss you off spouting gibberish or blatent advertising all the time, you won't click them as much. Seems simple enough. Why people can't grasp things that like is seriously beyond me sometimes.

jhmattern, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  5. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace does crack down on spamming. When I do auto spamming it is from fake accounts that have zero friends are I pretty much don't care if they get delete. I spam on forums/bulletins so you need to have your account for 7 days or more. What I do is I create seven fake accounts and when one of them gets banned I simply use next one and create new account. I only use one account per day and abandon it after that one day usage. I have developed my own forum spammer and I am getting LOTS of traffic for my site from it. You have to really know how to work the system to be successful on myspace or else you will end up taking a loss.

killer2021, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  6. libertygone

libertygone Active Member

Best Answers:
    who cares they always delete accounts.

libertygone, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  7. fbitalian11

fbitalian11 Peon

Best Answers:
    ive been deleted 5 or 6 times... never got a message and u never will.. its fake.. has to be.. they delete thousands of peopel a day and the mods do this... i know some mods and they dont have the time to flag people lol... its a deleted or not deleted type thing.. and the only why they know you do somethign wrong is if u TOTALLY abouse and its obvious orrrrr ur get reported.... otherwise they dont have enuff staff to surf throo everyone of their 100 mil profiles and members bulletins... FAKE

fbitalian11, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  8. Utexas

Utexas Peon

Best Answers:
    i have 15 accounts which i add 350 freinds a day. Havent been banned yet.

Utexas, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why on earth would you actually brag about spamming forums and such. Are you honestly proud of yourself?

jhmattern, Oct 16, 2006 IP