1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace wake up call for every one doing marketing via it.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Connections, Oct 14, 2006.

ok a little while ago I recieved this email from myspace, I wonder if it is 100% legit? who wants ot put in some in put...

[​IMG]

people say myspace do not give out warnings? well here is one :D

this account is in the 36 million range aswell,

It has around 11k friends and not much advertising is done at all on it. maby 3 times a week.

For people who have old accounts and think they are un touchable, well you are not...here is a little wake up call???

who feels like this email is an legit email or not?

I blured out the code for the email aswell just incase it can hold some relevence to myspace employees if they lurk on here.

Connections, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  2. sam2698

sam2698 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is your myspace page not showing up anymore?

sam2698, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  3. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    It does not look legit. It looks like spam to me. I would ignore it or delete it.

The reason i say this is because it does not contain your account username. I could be wrong.

Rob

Robert Allen, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  4. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, I cleaned up the account and added new content...

its still working great

5. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is username in myspace, This is legit email. Myspace is really cracking on spam and they are sending out these kind of emails to people who are posting commercial bulletins or messages. Flagged means last warning and if you abuse it again it will be banned or canceled. This Flag will be removed within few days. :)

jaree, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  6. AndyG

AndyG Peon

Best Answers:
    I also wonder if it depends on what exactly you are marketing. We market our websites using MySpace, but we aim at a niche market (i.e. Law Enforcement friends for our police related sites, Military folks for our military site, etc..) and get only compliments on our bulletins. We don't send out bulletins to 8,000 randomly added friends asking folks to click for free ringtones and such in other words.

But yes, that does appear to be real.

AndyG, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they are being way too polite. They just need to start banning people for this stuff, and not worry about it.

aeiouy, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  8. sam2698

sam2698 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well they have given the contac info. Usually most scam mails do not have that. just email or mail them questioning the authenticity.

sam2698, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  9. Connections

Best Answers:
    what do you mean lol, I have lost 4 accounts in the past, and never recieved a warning...

a 16 000 account...
    and 3 other smaller accounts...

its weird how this oen got a warning but...

10. ryse

ryse Guest

Best Answers:
    that message is real. I got the same one... The account works although you cant send messages, or comments. You can only request friends.. It pretty much disables it..

Sucks right..

ryse, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  11. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just use the site for what it's for and it won't suck. They obviously don't ban "marketing" or they wouldn't be pushing things like getting movie studios and record labels to get profiles set up. What they ban is "spamming." Big difference, and good for them for cracking down.

jhmattern, Oct 15, 2006 IP
    Bernard likes this.
  12. tr0nic

tr0nic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never got that message... but I did get one of my accounts flagged like that. Couldn't send messages or comments for a couple months. It's all back to normal though! Luckily, all of my advertising is on bulletins.

tr0nic, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    If some are getting the warning, and others aren't, it's possible that's it's related directly to the amount of complaints. If you send too many bulletins, and a small group flag you or otherwise complain to Myspace, maybe they'll send a warning. If a lot do, maybe they just ban you immediately. Or perhaps they treat flaggings differently than a complaint sent directly to them, where they'd have to investigate it personally quicker or something.

14. &&Selena

&&Selena Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly it depends on how you do your bulletins and messages. if you just have your link at the bottom, underneath your name, or whatever, even having your name as a link would work. people get curious about links and click them.
    if you make bulletins that are all "omgosh free ringtones guysss!!" obviously people are going to say that your a spammer. you could, however LIE to myspace and tell them you think your account was phished and that you didnt really send all those bulletins/messges.
    who knows. i just say be responsible with myspace. its in the TOS that you arent supposed to use myspace for spam advertising, so they're simply enforcing their TOS.

&&Selena, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  15. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    MySpace is lame and the home for a lot of pedophiles, so who cares if someone is sending off a few commercial bulletins or whatever.

PayItForward, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  16. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your account to see if it is really limited. Then you'll know if it's legit.

Kaabi, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  17. Connections

Best Answers:
    this account was deleted today by myspace, oh well atleast it wasnt my main ones.

Connections, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    lol Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement is?? Just because you buy into media hype doesn't make something true. For the huge number of account holders, such a miniscule percentage would actually be a problem in the way you're speaking. But because that's what the media picks up on, that's what the average joe believes. It's sad. Stop being manipulated and judging an entire network of people just because someone used the service for something bad at some point.

I'd wager that at least one pedophile probably has been hanging around your local mall at some point. Is that going to stop teens from hanging out there, stop their parents from letting them, or stop people from marketing to them there? Absolutely not. I'd also bet there have been pedophiles in grocery stores, amusement parks, regular parks ... anywhere kids might be. Uh oh. By your reasoning, that would make everwhere lame wouldn't it? So let's let advertisers abuse these places just because some bad people hang out there... billboards for cigarettes, adult flyers and ads... you name it. It's ok, because a pedophile might have been there anyway before, right? Come on!

There's no reason to think Myspace can't be used for marketing. But it has to be used effectively and legitimately. And if you abuse it, they'll cut you off. It just makes it a better community for the rest of us.

19. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Good to see Myspace getting rid of these spammers

fryman, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  20. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    About time ...

reapr, Oct 15, 2006 IP