1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace Traffic - Does it convert or not

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by SEO Jeff, Feb 28, 2006.

Hey all,

I am interested in finding out if your say ranked #5 for Myspace on Google would that traffic convert to buyers/sales real well? I have a site like that but only uses YPN for revenue and I'd like to do something else as well ontop of YPN but I am not sure if the traffic I am getting (tons of it) would really convert to sales.

SEO Jeff, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  2. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, it does convert if you know how to target the users well - say you offer 'myspace programs' or something, then you could try offering premium account for a certain price.

cpvr, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  3. goScooby

goScooby Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested in DP's experience now that the geolocator is in the Google top 10 for myspace, myspace layouts, etc.

goScooby, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  4. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not to far behind Shawn either. I was mainly thinking about affiliate programs but I am not fully sure if I would get any sales from them.

Would these affiliate programs work?

Software, Web Hosting, Computers, Games.

5. goScooby

goScooby Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got to think that selling a computer or webhosting to a 15 year old is going to be pretty tough. I like cpvr's idea of either premium membership or offering a very inexpensive sub $5 impulse buy type item.

goScooby, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  6. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree though I am pretty sure a lot of older folks come to my site as well. I get a lot of late 20 year olds and I am thinking they should have enough cash and credit card to buy things.

7. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've managed to get myself into page #2 for myspace games on google :) working on that #1 :p

terryuk, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  8. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    Not bad, got a lot of backlinks? xD

cpvr, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Totally depends on what you are trying to pitch to them.

digitalpoint, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  10. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It also depends on how you promote: if you're trying to poach members off them by shuttling them off to dating sites, you might run into their very stringent anti-spam department. If you're promoting PPC sites by using a lot of text content and actually contributing to their content base, you might have less problems.

Regardless of where you market (except for email which has legal standards for spam), here's a good rule to follow:

automated stuff/repetitive/context insensitivity = SPAM
    personalization/customization/context based/CONTENT heavy = NOT SPAM

webmasterlabor.com, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  11. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    webmasterlabor.com I got the traffic - heck I rank first page on Google for Myspace but I am trying to find additional revenue for the site. YPN is good but I know I can make more $$$$ if I could find like a product to sell. My only thing is I don't know how well the traffic I do get converts well because of the age factor. I have been taking notes on the people who do add me to there friends list and I'd say most are early to mid-20's. Few are teens but I'd weed out 14 year olds.

Thanks Shawn for your reply:) . May I ask since you have first page as well on Google how's it been with like affiliate programs and stuff? Have you seen increases in revenue?

12. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are trying to sell an item of moderate price then good luck because most of them are teenagers.

However if you have something to offer the teenagers then it could be very effective.

Forum's on teenage problems etc would get awesome benefits from it. Also a games type site would probably do very well also.

But otherwise very untargetted for the business world.

Although you could start your own group in the business type section and that my work better.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Beats me... I've not tried to get those users to buy anything (or give them any affiliate links).

Didn't think the revenue would be worth it for that user base to be honest.

digitalpoint, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  14. noreallywhereiswaldo

noreallywhereiswaldo Peon

Best Answers:
    As a SERIOUS marketer... I would think that the effort put into something of this nature could be better spent accomplishing something more realistic... like actually getting keywords that align with your product or service. If you are pitching your own community, then sure, having a myspace aligned keyword would be worthwhile...

noreallywhereiswaldo, Mar 1, 2006 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  15. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, and if you can't promote for myspace traffic, then hire people who can.

cpvr, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  16. JonathanLyons

JonathanLyons Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've posted in myspace groups before with some CPL (pay per lead offers), such as free XBOX, free $500 gift card, etc, stuff the kids would be interested in, and they did decently. I'm not sure if it would be worth it to purchase ad space on MySpace and try a CPL offer on there, although tere do seem to be quite a few already.

JonathanLyons, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  17. freemyspacelayouts

freemyspacelayouts Peon

Best Answers:
    I own a myspace sites too .. i dont use google adsense cause it doesnt make any impact for myspace related search ..

my main income for my sites basically from adbrite, cpx and paypopup (i just put the popup only in few sections not all pages to make sure that my visitors will not be chased away)

My income average 100-120 daily .. highest contribution from adbrite ...

Basically my site only attracts 14k uniq daily but i am getting 120k daily page views due to my site content.

Jeff i think ur site can make around 200-300 per day , i saw your site and the traffic is x3 times of mine , i guess . I will be happy if you can exchange links with my site , feel free to mail me at or via msn , i am happy to chat with u and share some information ..

cheers

freemyspacelayouts, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  18. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not just try it than share your experience? :) I'm sure a lot of us would also like to know.

kc3, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  19. freemyspacelayouts

freemyspacelayouts Peon

Best Answers:
    oops , the information i meant is related to exchange links .. :D , but adbrite text links is far more better than adsense .. i used to adsense , 4/10 times it display the hurricane katrina banner ... that the reason i drop and adbrite i have currently 5 sponsor running .. i am not sure about ypn ..

jeff .. u r commiting suicide on your site .. under construction ??? you probally will lost your "myspace layouts" keywords in google ..

freemyspacelayouts, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  20. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey freemyspacelayouts,

Thanks for commenting. Our Rackspace server got a rootkit installed and I had to re-attach databases so I put it under construction for a little while. I'll add you to MSN.

SEO Jeff, Mar 6, 2006 IP