1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace Site - $490 this month

Discussion in 'Sites' started by jkomp, Sep 17, 2006.

1. martian2k4

martian2k4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    IamNed why do you keep commenting this auction if you are not in the slightest intrested in buying it and if its against Yahoo's TOS then whats the point in them having that feature?

But if it is, Then its not hard to correct this problem. There are other categories you could change it to which also pay quite high and would be right for the sort of traffic were getting...

:D

martian2k4, Sep 20, 2006 IP
    PGZ likes this.
  2. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Update: made $522 in the last 30 days.

jkomp, Sep 20, 2006 IP
    PGZ likes this.
  3. pluto459

pluto459 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There is no way your making any money from your ads. I have 40 different myspace domains working now and the CTR is horrible and that is for myspace related ads.

I love the pump and dumps and the excuse I dont have time anymore to run. As long as you pay for the hosting it is maintainece free. Amazing how no one has stats except for the month they paid to get traffic.

pluto459, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  4. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What are you on about, yes we do have stats, we have sent more extensive stats to those that have asked for them. As for whether it's making money - it clearly is and we have provided proof. With 40 different site of course you are struggling to optimize each one.

As for why we are selling - I am selling all my sites, ready to go to uni - where I will be studying to become a vet, it's a very intensive course and not altogether compatible with working online - plus i need the cash boost for the expensive equipment.

Please stop trashing threads with complete fabrications and inaccurate generalisations.

jkomp, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  5. mindimage

mindimage Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you sure your not sending out more bulletins or using other myspace accounts to spam out advertising. some of your days have alot more hits and make over 3 times the amount of some other days. i have a few sites with 4k unique hits a day, and none have spikes like that, including my myspace resource pages. Im in intrested buyer, could you send me referel info and daily uniques? thanks in advance,

Tysen

mindimage, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  6. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Like I said we did dabble with bulletins and I can provide you with some useful contacts with that. However, the spikes in traffic are largely due to fluctuations in our search engine rankings, which are showing a steady increase. Also traffic comes from other related sites through link exchanges so peaks can often be related to what they are doing. I have also noticed that YPN tends to fluctuate a bit more than adsense, YPN has very high good days and fairly low bad days, whereas adsense (in my experience) seems to remain more steady - it all averages out in the end.

I will PM you more detailed stats.

jkomp, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  7. martian2k4

martian2k4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If we were sending bulletins, 1. The traffic would be a LOT higher and 2. you would see our number one refferer would be bulletin.myspace.com so if are not interested in the site but are planning on trashing this sale you could at least take a few seconds to look at the stats :)

martian2k4, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  8. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Adding to the value of the site is that it comes with exclusive rights to 17 high quality unique layouts - I think this adds to the value of the site. I also have an interesting marketing idea that would help build the site up further, which I will share with the winner. I am an experienced myspacer and will be willing to help the winning bidder settle into the market, up until when I start at uni.

jkomp, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  9. kolaios

kolaios Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What is the last Bid??? I want an update. Also when is the auction closing?

kolaios, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  10. MiamiHost

MiamiHost Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I to would like to see the detailed stats and revenue reports for this

seems like your sitting on a gold mine having a site less then 6 months old and making this much on ypn

MiamiHost, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  11. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's a fairly gross generalization. I have myspace sites that never drop below a 7% CTR mate. Don't let your inexperience fool you, there's a lot of money to be made in this arena.

Furthermore, I have seen full stats on this sale and they are indeed legit.

Greg-J, Sep 21, 2006 IP
    PGZ likes this.
  12. martian2k4

martian2k4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Greg :),

kolaios - Current highest bid is $2000 and the auction will close on monday at 10pm.

MiamiHost - I have sent you a PM. :D

martian2k4, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  13. LiquidStyle

LiquidStyle Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I cannot understand why your selling. Youll make so much more money if you dont sell man.

LiquidStyle, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  14. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I take your point, yes we would make a lot of money keeping it, however, as I have kept saying I am going to be starting at university - on a very intensive course - part of the rules of the university are that we are not allowed to work during the course - so I wouldn't be able to check on the site during term time without risking my place on the course, while this site is very easy to run, I'm not sure what would happen if I just left it and ignored it completely. Plus I could really do with a lump sum to pay for the expensive books, clothes and equipment I am going to need.

I really don't understand why people are so hung up on why I am selling :S People sell their sites all the time - I am just moving away from the web development field and into my long term career plans as a veterinary surgeon. Now I have been extreme up front and answer this question honestly a number of times - can we please have no more "why are you selling?" :)

Thanks for all the interest and thanks for coming in there Greg - people get so suspicious without even taking the timeto check the legitimacy, it is a sign of your good business sense and excellent reputation that you did not do so.
    :D

Current bid: $2000 (BIN bid of $3000 not accepted).
    BIN: $4500
    Auction end: Monday 10pm (GMT)

jkomp, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  15. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We are willing to consider BIN bids.

jkomp, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  16. PGZ

PGZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well you said you turned down a $3000 BIN offer which I think you should of jumped on.

I am interested in the site but Im also unwilling to pay the BIN you were offered earlier.

PGZ

PGZ, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  17. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think his BIN is a good value. It seems it would make ~$6k annually :)

BRUm, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  18. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $3000 would be less than 6 months revenue, standard practice to value a site is 10-12 months revenue.

jkomp, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  19. dealasite

dealasite Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've got the high bid currently ($2k), but it appears it won't meet your reserve. I don't have a YPN account and will have to use Adsense on this site. What concerns me is that I can't use the high paying financial ads you're currently running to achieve $490/month due to Googles TOS.

I estimate somewhere around $200/month with adsense based on your traffic, hence the bid for 10 months revenue or $2k.

dealasite, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  20. martian2k4

martian2k4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dealasite, thanks for your bid. I'm sure you are conserned about using adsenes but at the moment the traffic is not that high and with adsense youd be able to put images next to the ads and so on which would make the CTR go higher.

If you do have mager issues with that but still end up buying the site i could arrange a deal with you where i will channel the data from SpaceTweaked and will send you money every month in PayPal. But thats just a idea :p

thanks

martian2k4, Sep 22, 2006 IP