1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

myspace no longer allow quicktimes?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nasser, Jan 21, 2007.

i can't seem to embed quicktime mov on my profile any more, they filter out the <embed> tag and the <object> if the type is x-quicktimeplayer, does any body knew of another way to embed it?

thx

nasser, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  2. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    myspace removed another massive bunch of codes form their site the other day, a host of things are now banned due to hacker and exploiters.

Connections, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  3. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    Convert your Quicktime to Flv and embed with Flash.

bunnybling, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  4. nasser

nasser Member

Best Answers:
    i needed quicktime, because i want to try that quicktime redirect hack, i guess im too late and myspace finaly fix it

nasser, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  5. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    The statement above implies that MySpace needed fixing. The true problem lies with the people that exploit weakensses in these websites.
    It is they who are the broken, socialy deviant, worthless refuse that ruins the entire web for the honest hardworking people.

(End Rant)

bunnybling, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  6. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I read that quicktime redirect was disabled ages ago when myspace told everyone to upgrade to quicktime 9

htmlindex, Jan 22, 2007 IP
    itsonlyme likes this.
  7. nasser

nasser Member

Best Answers:
    the fix they make in Quicktime 9, make it so it will not auto redirect when u hit the profile, so you would have to click to play the movie before it will redirect u.

which i think myspace still find unacceptable and therefore no longer allow mov files, just my guess

nasser, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  8. nasser

nasser Member

Best Answers:
    Lawyer, Political Leaders, stock broker and accountant all exploit the law to make financial gain, even the good ones

i use to work in finance, writing Day trading software, we get trader who find bugs in the trading software and/or NASQD/NYSE exchange rules that enable them to game the system, no body like them for doing it, but everybody understands why they did it and wish they thought of it first

the cat and mouse game happen in every industry, and they are not all "broken, socialy deviant, worthless refuse", some one is going to take advanage of it, may as will be me

nasser, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  9. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting rationalization, but if a lawyer or financial trader is malicious in their intent, they are punished. The must play by some rules

We have yet to establish a system of checks and balances in many areas of the web.

My original statement refered to those who are seeking gain with malicious intent.

If you gain by %@&%ing up someones profile at MySpace. How can that be considered fair play?

bunnybling, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  10. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the above post proves "bunnybling's" point.
    Just because a large potion of the populous is unscrupulous and without ethics does not mean its ok. Maybe try thinking for yourself rather than going along with the "mob". Using the excuse "Everybody else does it " is a sign of ignorance. IMO

livingearth, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  11. 626DESIGN

626DESIGN Peon

Best Answers:
    yes myspace did disable the quicktime features due to phishers and spammers using it to redirect to their pages in bulletins and embedded on profiles. Upload it to youtube and use their embed code. This exploit died a long time ago. The new redirects use js to embed a quicktime video. There are a few more exploits currently but I'm too lazy to explain all of them.

626DESIGN, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  12. nasser

nasser Member

Best Answers:
    could you PM me the details or point me to where i could get more info

thx alot

nasser, Jan 22, 2007 IP