1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

myspace marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by sandrodz, Feb 15, 2007.

I didn't have any idea about "myspace marketing' before joining this forum... but there seems to be a constant buzz about it over here... anybody mind explaining what is it? and how can it be used? how much it costs? and is it good? is it legal? :confused: :confused:

sandrodz, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  2. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create your profile page targeted to your interest group and start inviting friends to join your network, later you can use their bulletin option and blog to promote your products/service. As far as you maintain the integrity of myspace and abide with their TOS, I don't think there would be any legal problem.

bobchrist, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  3. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    With myspace taking actions against marketing and spam within it's system, this has slowly become a less than worthwhile venture. Your better off focusing on Social sites like Squidoo.com.

Also check out this if your still interested: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=188257

John Guanzon, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes so long to get "friends" on myspace (esp in the thousands). I would recommend purchasing bulletins in stead (of your target group). But generally... myspace traffic is poor quality.

8everything, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  5. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:

Ofcourse it is, your trying to hard sell to a bunch of teens or minors that could care less about your product (probably lack funds to purchase) and simply just want to im and message their friends all day.

John Guanzon, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  6. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah yes. I would say myspace is a waste of time to sell products unless it appeals to teens (like ... a clothing line..) but it's still tough.

Myspace marketing.. I must admit works for myspace resource sites:rolleyes:

8everything, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  7. the_writer

the_writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace marketing seems to split opinions pretty widely in every forum post I've ever seen about it. Some people swear by it and some people hate it, but I think it's here to stay in one form or another.
    I'll say one thing for it though, it can be VERY profitable if you know what you are doing. And I mean beyond just blanketing bulletins.

My two cents

the_writer, Feb 17, 2007 IP