1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace marketing for a band

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ServerUnion, May 12, 2006.

My latest project is not a website, but a heavy metal band. We have a myspace site up now with some sound clips. We have gotten a pretty good responce from our local contacts and have about 220 friends on our list in the last few weeks.

www.myspace.com/dragdown1

I would like to know of any ideas you myspace experts have on marketing this site and getting traffic. We are not looking to monitize this site, but would like to see some more traffic driven in. It would also be best if this was traffic that would be interested in music, specifically heavier music.

Like I said, we aren't selling or adveriting anything, and are not looking just to increase our friend list or traffic. We are looking for visitors that would have an interest in the music we are playing and possibly come out and support us as we play venues throughout the midwest US.

Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

ServerUnion, May 12, 2006 IP
  2. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a myspace expert but please change that font.

Blitz, May 12, 2006 IP
  3. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed, we had a nice template, but the linked images broke on it. I just added the first dark colored template I found. Plan on finding a better template tonight.

EDIT: Found a pretty good design, edited it to look a more evil. Says it may take up to a day to display though...

ServerUnion, May 12, 2006 IP