1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace Marketing - Automated Friend Requests

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by natekapi, Oct 10, 2006.

Does MySpace actually do anything if you send more than 500 friend requests a day? I've been trying to only send 500 a day but it seems like its taking to long to build up a huge network of friends. So I was wondering if they actually do anything if you send out like 2000 friend requests a day?
    SEMrush

natekapi, Oct 10, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. They also do stuff if you send out 499 per day. Or maybe 99. I think luck is part of it.

Once I sent 3000 overnight just to see what would happen... they definitely took notice, but the account is still up! Although that was mid August, so these days they might be more strict.

Moral of the story: if you have a good account you don't want banned, don't send out lots of mass requests.

MTbiker, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  3. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    Well what "stuff" will they do? Do they send you a message, or ban you from adding friends or....actually ban your account? I've always heard of "stuff" happening but never any details.

natekapi, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  4. Utexas

Utexas Peon

Best Answers:
    i have 10 accounts and do 350 requests a day for each of them.

Utexas, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  5. vbwiz

vbwiz Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of friends do you have? USA traffic?

I'm launching a picture rating site soon and I'm willing to try your traffic.

Send me a PM and we'll be in touch.

vbwiz, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  6. SavageLori

SavageLori Peon

Best Answers:
    i would suggest keeping under 400 actions (requests & comments), 50 for a new account (month old)

SavageLori, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  7. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All of that and to different degrees. Lots of people have been banned from adding friends, and I've noticed where they require a waiting period between requests, etc.

I don't think they usually send a message about deleting your account, they probably just do it. You may get warnings for other things they don't like about your profile, though.

MTbiker, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  8. The SEO Hippy

The SEO Hippy Peon

Best Answers:
    In addition to what MTbiker said, I have accounts that have been restricted from sending private messages, comments, friend requests, etc. Strangely they can still send bulletins.

The SEO Hippy, Oct 11, 2006 IP