1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace: How do you know when your banned?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Voasi, Sep 12, 2006.

I recently started doing some Myspace advertising. I purchased one of those adder bot programs and started making a decent page. Then added about 200 friends. This all took place in about 45 minutes. I wanted to stay under the radar, as I've been told 400-500 is the "banning limit".

A few hours later, I try and login into the account and I can't seem to enter into it. It doesn't say the account is there, it just says something about Technical Difficulties and that the "Problem as been forwarded to Admin" ...etc...

If a page is banned, does the page displaying usually say: "Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted."

Any others know what I'm talking about?

I also clicked on the email to confirm the account, but that was after I requested the 200 friends.

Voasi, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  2. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok...well I just went back there and it looks like the account has been banned.

I think the lesson here is to confirm the account BEFORE you send out your automated friend requests, even if it is under the radar.

Voasi, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  3. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ^ Yeah, I'll echo the account confirmation thing. I had the same thing happen, and just to confirm, it will say:

"Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted."

jquindlen, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to send the friend requests out slowly, you can easily do 400 a day per account but you need to spread them out throughout the day rather than in one quick burst.

amnezia, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. Revamped Solutions

Revamped Solutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow.

Hmm, i had the same thing, but wasnt like that. More like a warning. but then again, i didnt do the advertising just yet.

Revamped Solutions, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  6. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    I've got that error...and then later the account was back, or I reloaded the page and it was back.

When it comes to making friend requests, to find out if you've been locked out, watch your pending requests page. If it doesn't add friends as you request them...you've been locked out...atleast for a while.

Nintendo, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  7. emuut

emuut Peon

Best Answers:
    well adding that much friends in 45 minutes is like spamming the network.. next time try a little more sublte apraoch :D

emuut, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  8. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    200 in 45 minutes is nothing. I do 400 in 20 minutes. :D

Nintendo, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  9. nickthrolson

nickthrolson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol i add like 60 every 20 min to be safe

nickthrolson, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  10. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    The program I used takes about 10 to add 200, but I was also talking about setting up the account, adding relevant info/profile content for niche market, getting a couple pictures, etc...

UPDATE: Looks like the account is active. Took 12 hours for them to verify it or whatever, since I made couple hundred requests before confirming my account, but it is active now.

Voasi, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  11. johnnyappleseed

johnnyappleseed Peon

Best Answers:
    Does advertising through myspace actually produce sales? I have heard that usually the response is weak and such, but I'm still interested in learning how to use this approach if it works.

johnnyappleseed, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  12. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find that most people that test things don't do it right, so I don't really listen to what others say. I'm giving this Myspace thing a try. I have a good feeling its going to work. I'll have a report done up once I've completed it and have some good results. Here's my most recent report - http://www.voasi.com/ebook-success/

Voasi, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  13. georgechristodoulou

georgechristodoulou Active Member

Best Answers:
    Myspce say that you are not allowed to advertise to people. There are so many people that advertise that they cant boot them all so most people get away with it. Sometimes they will get you and earase your profile, which for some people does not really matter.

Thanks,

George Christodoulou

georgechristodoulou, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  14. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    You don't even have to confirm an account for it to be active!!

Nintendo, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  15. The SEO Hippy

The SEO Hippy Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll know when you're unable to log in to the account. It also doesn't always say "Invalid Friend ID" when the account is banned, I've had banned accounts where the profile is still visible.

The SEO Hippy, Sep 13, 2006 IP