1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace Cease and Desist Notices

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Kyle R., Jan 11, 2006.

1. dream274

dream274 Peon

Best Answers:
    hm, so any idea what the final verdict is? :)

dream274, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. ericeric

ericeric Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah.. final will be different for every body:)

to prevent any problem i just registered domains which are alike.. you can see them in my sig;)

ericeric, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That would depend on the intent. I believe the term often used is "good faith" if you register a name based on your own unique concept and "bad faith" when your intent was to cash in on someone else's concept, trademark and success.
    No, what is rediculous is that people don't come up with something on their own and wind up copying someone else. It happens here a lot
    There are cases out there which have been battled in court for years such as Nissan Auto against Uri Nissan. The guy's last name is Nissan and he uses the site to sell his computers. Do you see the difference between that and using MySpace within your domain name? It's like naming your hamburger stand "Mac Donald's Hamburgers" and expecting to get away with it. ;)

Blogmaster, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  4. amazingopps

amazingopps Peon

Best Answers:
    Any updates on threse myspace lawsuits?

amazingopps, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  5. ptwiggens

ptwiggens Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay... if you have a product that is about myspace (i.e. MySpace For Dummies)... and the website is solely for the purpose of selling that product... wouldn't you be allowed to have it in the domain name because it is describing the product. You wouldn't be able to use the font and graphic, but the word myspace should be fine? Especially if you had a disclaimer clearly visible that it wasn't endorsed or affiliated with myspace in anyway.

ptwiggens, Mar 23, 2008 IP