1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace bulletins... do they really work?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by sllik, Aug 9, 2006.

When I go to the advertising forums all I see is MySpace Bulletins advertising. Does it really work? I've tryed it before and I wasn't really happy with the results. Please share your experiance. Thanks!

sllik, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. robdp

robdp Guest

Best Answers:
    yes. (10 char limit)

robdp, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    as long as you arent advertising to other Trains or spammers itll work out for you. spamming to spammer wont work for you, but as long as they are being sent to real users, it will work for you.

Judd, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  4. Free Forum

Free Forum Guest

Best Answers:
    How many people actually read their bulletin?

Free Forum, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  5. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not many. You have to make it sound real interesting or have a dedicated following for it to work I'm assuming. If you lie to them and it turns out to be spam you'll probably get deleted or ignored everytime in the future. To be honest I think it's a waste of efforts making all the friends just to do that. Just my opinion though.

checksum, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  6. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    It depends. :)

80% don't work.

Mong, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  7. SVentures

SVentures Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried it (25,000 members)....didn't do much at all really.

SVentures, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  8. indianherbcare

indianherbcare Banned

Best Answers:
    it does not work because its a spam and no one read spam anymore

indianherbcare, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  9. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah...Plus some of my "friends" are Tommy Lee and Dave Navarro...those guys plug up my bullitens with show announcement...and to tell you the truth, i never personally look at them.

tonyrocks, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  10. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    it does work to some extent or people wouldn't do it. If you send out 10000 bulletins, and only 500 click it, and lets say that 5 use your service. Its worth it. It didn't cost you anything to send that bulletin out.

Judd, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  11. CaitSith4343

CaitSith4343 Peon

Best Answers:
    Like a few people have said, it really depends on several factors.

If you are advertising on an account that has 500 friends who are normal myspace uesrs and not just people trying to advertise your own site. You will probably get better results than an account with 1000 friends that are just random people who join trains/use bots to add people.

However, accounts that have huge friend counts 25k friends or so up, you are going to get decent results no matter what, just because you are sending it out to so many people. There are people that make tons of money just by using phished accounts to send out bulletins to hundreds of thousands of people. Many people find this to be extremely unethical, and its probably illegal somehow as well, but it produces results.

So, depending on how big your account it and the quality of the friends on that account, you will get different results. Also, your results depend on the type of site you are advertising via bulletin. You are going to get better results advertising a myspace resource, arcade, text messaging, etc. type site, than you will with a site selling hearing aids or dentures. :p

CaitSith4343, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  12. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%

Judd, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  13. Rezo

Rezo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dunno, but they helped me a bit on my myspace resource site. Only a bit, considering that nearly 50,000 friends received it! And only 5 % of them watched them and nearly got only 600 uniques from that :(

Rezo, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  14. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    but how many of those 50k friends were other trains/spammers? other spammers aren't gonna open that bulletin ;)

Judd, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  15. robdp

robdp Guest

Best Answers:
    considering im making over $60/day with CPA offers and bulletins .. i think they works fine.

robdp, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  16. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing this with a twist.. I'm building a car page, well I made a page with the name Laura Jean that says "hey guy's i'm from the XXXXX racing team. Check back at our page soon for.." that's how I have the invites set up.

I'll have pictures of my truck, my cars, my cars going down the track.. and I'll get one of my chick friends to model with the truck for me so I can post it on there and call her laura on the site.

Car guys will see this, and jump on the chance to add the girl I have in mind (an ex-girlfriend of mine) then I won't spam the bullitens only when I get new race times or something exciting, or a large update will I post a bulliten.

I think the effect will be great. I'm going to wait about a month building up friends with "Laura Jean" so that she gets many members before I start any marketing with it.

Any thoughts on my type of angle to this?

aqrhine, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  17. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    in short..it works...

but I think after a while it will die out I can see html been banned from bulletins real soon...

Connections, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  18. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    a bulletin to 4000 friends linking to a myspace or flash games site usually drives about 20-30 visitors.

amnezia, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  19. genkied

genkied Active Member

Best Answers:
    sounds weird...coz i tried it before with 2000 friends and it brings 300 to 500 vistors a day...;) may be it depends how you use it...btw if you will use it in your adsense site to increase your ctr dont do it you are just endangering your account.. hopefully my post help :)

genkied, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  20. Edisonian

Edisonian Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it is relevant to your message, list of friends, etc, but I don't think it 2works. In fact, I hate those spammy bulletins.

Edisonian, Aug 10, 2006 IP