1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace: Bulletin vs Message vs Comment

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by FFMG, Nov 8, 2006.

Hi,

I have about 3000 very carefully selected ‘friends’, (well, as carefully as I can select them). I think they are right for my site.

But, before I go down the road of making thousands more friends I want to know what ‘return’ I can expect from this test group. What percentage visits can you expect from my 3000 friends?

I am not trying to sell them anything all I want is for them to visit my site.

So, how would you ask my ‘friends’ to visit my site? How can I maximize my messages?

Should I send them a bulletin? (I know I never read them, why should they?)
    Should I send them a private message?
    Or send them a comment?

Maybe it’s just me, or because I have a few accounts, I read all the messages and comments, so I tend to think that comments/messages are better.

So what would you do?
    How would you word such message/comment? Would you be honest and give a link or rather add some picture with a link to the site?

And, one more question.
    Do you send one comment/message or do you repeat the same message every day/week until they ban you?

Thanks

FFMG

FFMG, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  2. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I think a combination of all those options is best. Use each method twice a week and you should see results.

I find bulletins work very well but only if you can send them out to a minimum of 100k friends.

I'm surprised at he number of people who do read them, like you I don't bother but plenty read every bulletin they receive.
    I still receive traffic from bulletins a week after it was sent.

Keep adding friends to your account but take it easy, the quickest way to get banned is to over do it.
    That said I have a lot of accounts and the only one that has been banned is my personal account that I had never used for sending bulletins or comments and it had less than 100 friends :confused: .

It makes you wonder how they decide which to ban and which to leave .

Cyclops, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  3. FFMG

FFMG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

But I get an error on ur site, http://www.theroe.com/Generators/Bulletin/

Also, would you have an example of a good bulletin? I would like to read some good examples of Bulletins before I create mine.

I want to send one bulletin to my 3000 and see how many of them visit. That way I will know if 30000 friends is not going to be a waste of time.

FFMG

FFMG, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  4. chaoward

chaoward Peon

Best Answers:
    I also recommend a combination of the methods. People do read bulletins, and they repost the dumbest things. If you send out a bulletin every 2 or 3 days I'm sure it would work. It would be even better to cleverly word your bulletin to somehow ask for them to repost, maybe saying something to the effect of "If you like the site, let me know and repost this bulletin" or something of that nature. If they repost, then viral marketing should start taking effect.

Be careful with sending messages and comments. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the daily message limit is 150 and I think the same applies to comments. Also be careful not to double comment or double message your friends, myspace users get really annoyed by that.

I would also be honest and straightforward with wording the bulletin or messages rather than finding a sneaky way to direct them to your site, they'd be less likely to think they are being spammed. It's just a suggsetion though, I have no idea what kind of site you have.

chaoward, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  5. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Comments with site links will make people very angry unless its something they will like =), comments that are spammey are a good way to get banned or deleted from a friend very very fast.

Messages are ok for marketing but to 3000 people will bring in ok results.

Connections, Nov 9, 2006 IP