1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace Bots

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Trag, Jun 7, 2006.

I know a few peolpe that have a script that sends out invites to all myspace members in a certain age rangs and area...I'm trying to promote my new dating site and watch it grow..can someone help me? I am willing to pay for a script I can use on myspace,and other sites to send a invite or promote my site. www.dalounge.net

Trag, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  2. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    exaro, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  3. Trag

Trag Peon

Best Answers:
    then what do you suggest? I mean this is the only way to get more friends all at once and promote instead of sending off message after message..lol

Trag, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  4. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    These bots send friend requests.
    Then 1/3 accept your request.
    Then they take lot of time to send messages and other crazy things....
    Then you write bulletins.

Now be sure less than 5% would read your bulletin.

I think this model has started to fail now. (imho)

Mong, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  5. Trag

Trag Peon

Best Answers:
    mong so what suggest..it's worth a try right?

Trag, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  6. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Too spammy.

I guess even if it is not failing it will soon plus I heared that mySpace has started to ban people with big accounts who send lots of bulletins.

Nikolas, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  7. Trag

Trag Peon

Best Answers:
    oh ok.....so i can promote my site using this tool tight?

Trag, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  8. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    It depends on your own budget of time and priorities.
    If i would be you then i wouldn't do it.

Mong, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  9. Trag

Trag Peon

Best Answers:
    but to get a simple program and typoe a small invite is way more than enough to get traffic and a good thing. correct?

Trag, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  10. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Error:
    Please read my first post :)
    Simply requesting ppl and 1/3 will accept doesn't mean that they will read your bulletins + visit links inside.

Only way is to give them time and make them real friends by commenting on them (blogs+pic) and replying to messages.
    IT ALL TAKES LOT OF TIME then you can hope for traffic.

Mong, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  11. wmburg

wmburg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you given an affiliate program any thought? I know TagWorld and myYearbook were paying ~$1 per signup.

wmburg, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  12. Tekntoant

Tekntoant Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I just put up a few attractive links to my sites and invite friends and people click through trying to see what you are all about. My crappy image hosting site has a steady stream of traffic this way.

Tekntoant, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  13. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Out of curiosity, where on Earth did you pull that 80% figure from. It's absolutely incorrect, and utterly insane to even suggest it. I'm sorry. But I've been involved with a variety of direct marketing efforts, using myspace (not bots, whore trains or any of that garbage), email, etc., and even when people DO specifically add you on their own (I don't even bother making requests anymore; they find me themselves), you can't even begin to claim 80% of them read your bulletins. A lot of people only ever read the ones showing on their main page (5 I think), and the more friends they have, the quicker yours get buried, and the more likely they'll be ignored.

To the original poster: look for more legitimate marketing methods with a better ROI on your time. It might seem easy this way, but the percentage of people you'll actually reach (not even to mention that it's a much smaller percentage who will do what you want them to), is extremely low (even the 5% mentioned is probably much too generous). For that tiny group of people who might follow your link, yet an even smaller percentage are actually quality traffic who will have any interest in the topic of your site. And for that itty bitty group of people who are targeted and actually go to your site, you'll be wasting far too much time writing the stupid bulletins and setting up the myspace page.

PM me with details on your site that you're trying to promote, and I'll gladly give you some specific marketing tactics you can try on your own that are more effectively targeted to your site's niche and audience.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 14, 2006 IP
    LaCabra likes this.
  14. routed11

routed11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Going to agree with Jenn, suggesting 80% is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. A 2% - 5% figure is more accurate even with a non trained account, I tested that number here at DP with my "The Myspace Experiment"

routed11, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  15. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion is that everything helps. It all depends on your priorities

infonote, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  16. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Well not "everything" helps, but a lot can. The problem with that idea is that even if something helps, it doesn't always justify the effort that you have to put in to make it help even a tiny bit. You could easily put less time and energy into another tactic, and it could bring you better results. That's a huge key in effective marketing... do whatever you have to do to get more out of the time and efforts you put in.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  17. Rober

Rober Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is massbots limitid to one account or unlimited?

Rober, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  18. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Jenn do you feel that myspace is a viable method for generating traffic and customers? I am interested in trying out myspace but have been quite hesitant. Heck I haven't even started a profile yet. I am not interested in sending people to my site for adsense purposes, I have a few product oriented sites that I think will be of interest to some people and possibly result in sales. In particular I want to target nascar junkies, cowboys, and rednecks. :)

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance!
    :)

LaCabra, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  19. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not sure that those particular demographics make up a large percent of myspace users, so I would think there would probably be better ways to spend your time. :) If you give me some more details on the product-oriented sites, I may be able to give you some ideas, either with myspace or off.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 27, 2006 IP