1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MyPhpAdmin: How to search for a query?

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by bernhard, May 23, 2018.

How can you actually search within the phpMyAdmin-Tool for a query?

• I would like to get a result that shows, how many times that query was found within a blog post/page.
    • And in which blog post/page the query was found.

Is this search possible?

Thank you very much for any little help!

bernhard, May 23, 2018 IP
  2. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is not something that phpmyadmin does. Phpmyadmin is just a tool that allows you to access the database. You will need to use some more advanced tools to get information like that. Newrelic has some interesting tools that will install a package on the server and report the entire php processlist, which you can dig into and find out where your bottlenecks are. I have used tools like that, or similar, to locate certain functions that take a very long time, and where the usage is.

But phpmyadmin doesn't do that. You can run the command "show processlist" and that will show all the currently mysql processes running, but won't return what you are looking for.

Another option is to enable debugging on the mysql server, and write all queries to a log file. This will eat up disk space VERY quickly, but it may give you some information on how often queries are being run, but ultimately, not what you are looking for, I believe.

Komputerking, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think there might be a translation issue here.

Are you trying to search your content for a word/phrase and find out how often it's used in that article?

Look up mysql commands like
    • instr
    • locate

sarahk, Jul 31, 2018 IP