1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling MyBBPlanet.com - MyBB Forum Directory - 5 Year Old Domain - PR1

Discussion in 'Sites' started by craigprunty, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I no longer have the time to develop this site as I currently have many other websites and forums to keep ontop of. This has been a project I have been working on now for over a year and have spent many hours on link building, content building.

Thedomain name itself is a 5 year old domain which was orignally a forum of some kind listing templates and mods. I decided to make it a directory to list MyBB Forums across the web.

This is a great opportunity for someone with time on there hands to promote the site. The site just needs some more MyBB Forums adding to help with the content to increase traffic.

The directory script is Arfooo

The idea behind the directory is for MyBB Forum webmasters to pay for premium listing to list on the home pay more often. Also If they cant offer a backlink to list for free then a £1.00 listing fee is available which has been very popular with other directory websites I have setup.

This site could make a good MyBB support forum as well!

Site Visibility
    Google PageRank 1
    Alexa Rank 1,672,498
    Links in Google 0
    Inbound Links 1,411

craigprunty, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  2. alex288288

alex288288 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    alex288288, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  3. craigprunty

craigprunty Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Alex,

This is the date I registered the domain with ukreg when I spotted the domain had expired from the previous owner. I noticed it had some good backlinks on other mybb sites so I thought I would buy it.

If you look on your whos is example at this bit - Whois History:40 records have been archived since 2005-01-05 .

Also see http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/mybbplanet.com to see what the website looked like in 2005

Craig

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
    craigprunty, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  4. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is there any revenue from the site?
    Traffic Screenshots?
    How much hosting space/specs does it need?
    How much time would be required for maintenance?

~~~~, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  5. craigprunty

craigprunty Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    - Traffic linked at the top using the DP plug-in

- The hosting is currently £1.49 a month and i don’t scratch the storage + bandwidth. The storage is only text based within a mysql DB so storage shouldn’t be an issue for this kind of site.

- The maintenance is very low. You only have to allow and deny links submitted. The payment for the link is all automated.

The time that needs to be spent on this site needs to be ideally adding some more links yourself to build up the content then marketing the site to webmasters who own mybb forums.

I’ve had one site submitted at £1.00 in November 2011 since putting a link on a mybb support forum site.

The Google AdSense is new so currently cant state any revenue on that basis.

The directory script has been customised in areas for advertising as well.

craigprunty, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  6. craigprunty

craigprunty Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Also keep in mind im not just selling the domain for the existing directory setup its for the PR1 domain name, existing domain listing in Google and backlinks already out there. As you know it can take a year or so to even get a page rank and build up some links!

This would be ideal for someone who works with mybb or develops mods for mybb. Instead of starting a fresh domain name you can take advantage of an existing name.

craigprunty, Dec 14, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.