1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My wordpress password protected pages/posts got cracked!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by boni_yum, Sep 18, 2010.

How easy is to crack a password protected pages / posts !

I have some personal password protected pages/posts which somebody cracked it and entered the following comments !

Its so simple! Try changing the password , i will crack it again !

And the guy/moron did the same again after changing my passwords!

What can be done to strengthen my password protdted pages !

Thanks in advance!

boni_yum, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  2. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    OK, here's the thing. You've probably put a noob password on it. Make a password like this

BlaHbLAh987^&*

That way even with a brute-force attack it would take forever to crack it. Just use your brains and make a stronger password. =D

RadioBounce, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  3. jasonbdavis

jasonbdavis Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a bummer, seems like he's "got your number". Even with WordPress's built in nonce ( number once ) security features your site can always be hacked. uploading and activating plugins, downloading content, saving pages/posts leaves a 24 hour window. The hacker could be using a back door too. Change your admin email too. he's obviously got access to that too and if you're like most you use the same password.

jasonbdavis, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  4. DawnBaby

DawnBaby Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to do a number of things, the first thing is to upgrade to the latest wordpress next install a number of plugins to secure your wordpress install
    (such as secure-wordpress and wp-secure), change your passwords such as Geekhang suggested, even go as far as changing your ftp user and password. then there is a plugin called anti-virus which is usefull for checking your files for viruses.
    lastly use statpress-reloaded to view live users on your site, to get where they are from and their ip addressess,

DawnBaby, Sep 19, 2010 IP