1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Websites Search and alexa ranking godown

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by praveen-rose, Jun 26, 2013.

Hi Friends,
    I have websites that related to technology tutorials. After Penguin 2.0 update my websites search ranking as well as alexa ranking going down. From 3805 to 8895 alexa global ranking. Is it the trap of google penguine 2.0 algorithm penalty. Please suggest how to overcome from this problem.

Thanks,

praveen-rose, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    3805 Alexa... That's incredible for a technology tutorials blog... No, it's not a trap. Check your backlinks, there could be a BAD backlink that could make this change...

If there is such a link, try to remove it, this could be a reason for a ranking drop (and if your ranking is not so good, you will lose traffic -> This will decrease your Alexa)

;) ;) ;)

patco, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  3. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Stop trying to manipulate Google's search results and the penguins won't bite. How to fix it depends on how big the bite is.

SearchBliss, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  4. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you done any black hat techniques??

unna, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  5. Karshim Kanwar

Karshim Kanwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest not to be worried about Alexa Rank drop from 3805 to 8895. Since this is among the high Alexa RANK, it maybe due to high competition. You should be worried if the ranks drops further.

Karshim Kanwar, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  6. Roy Harmon

Roy Harmon Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Karshim. When you reach such an impressive rank, you're competing with companies with bigger budgets and/or marketing departments than you're dealing with when you're above 1,000,000. A two or three thousand position swing is easily achieved without too much expense.

Just start posting more frequently (do you have a blog?) maybe throw a few dollars into Facebook and/or AdWords advertising and you should be back on top (even lower than before if you do it right).

Roy Harmon, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  7. OM.SEOExpert

OM.SEOExpert Banned

Best Answers:
    If your targeted keywords ranking is down and your website pages deindex, it means your site is Google Penguin affected.

OM.SEOExpert, Jun 27, 2013 IP