my website position is dancing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by freelancewebdesignerhyd, Nov 26, 2010.

hi

my website is dancing from 3rd to 9th and sometimes 9th to 3rd
    what is the solution, i am a beginner in SEO

Please suggest
    thanks in advance

freelancewebdesignerhyd, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  2. marketingegp

marketingegp Peon

Best Answers:
    There could be several reasons why your positions are bouncing around. Do you see this behavior reflected across several keywords? Or are there only certain keywords that you see this happening on? Since you haven't provided many details, the most I can say that it is normal to bounce around a few positions in Google. If you're bouncing in large quantities (say from page 1 to page 3+) then there could be a problem. However, if you're only bouncing a few positions then I would say you just need to build some more links to those pages on the keywords you see the 'dancing' on to solidify your position in Google. Often you see this behavior during tweaks in the algorithm or when Google isn't quite sure where to rank you. Is it possible any of your competitors are working to move up in the SERPs? It could be that you're battling with them for certain positions, thus causing the dance. As I said, the best solution is to build links to the pages and keywords you're seeing the bounce on. This should help stabilize your position.

marketingegp, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  3. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's normal. Don't worry. It happens due to Google dancing. Collect quality backlinks for your site. It helps to make your ranking stable.

Kiranraj, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  4. soccorss

soccorss Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, their is no need to any solution because this fluctuation is common. A few days and make some more backlinks for their better position.

soccorss, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  5. haasan

haasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is that dancing from 3rd to 9th and sometimes 9th to 3rd on daily basis. If so, it might be because of Google search results from different data centers.

haasan, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  6. Bestseoever

Bestseoever Member

Best Answers:
    It can be many reasons. For instance when google founds too many links which are more then the normal growth rate of your site, your site will have a unstable rankings. You should have patience it will be stable once the rate of links goes steady and google bot is used to it.

Bestseoever, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  7. solidcode

solidcode Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sometimes visited pages will rank higher so be sure you are looking at your google searches with cookies & web history cleared. You could also try using a web surfing proxy.

solidcode, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  8. BruceChang

BruceChang Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, great info. And be sure to log out of your google account.

BruceChang, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  9. vic12

vic12 Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed this kind of "dancing" many times. Especially after you get some new inbound links - google lowers your site in results, but after a week or two your site should get back and even higher

vic12, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  10. jermeybrown

jermeybrown Peon

Best Answers:
    I also had same problem with one of my site, but its now normal, so i suggest just keep working on your site link building , but only quality links.

jermeybrown, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  11. paul007

paul007 Peon

Best Answers:
    It happens to almost every site. But everything will be fine.

paul007, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  12. ipadhacks

ipadhacks Peon

Best Answers:
    just keep on pushing your site. You cant control the dance. Focus on quality backlinks and you will be see you are steadily placed at a nice position.

ipadhacks, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  13. sinhalamovies

sinhalamovies Peon

Best Answers:
    its normal i think ur competitor is big use some small search keywords monthly 20,000 - 40,000 i think u can find good one specialy local base

sinhalamovies, Dec 13, 2010 IP