1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My website not listing properly

Discussion in 'SEO' started by jamesCater, Aug 9, 2017.

Hi Friends,

I am working on website Carpet Bright UK. The company provides carpet cleaning in several locations. So we got different location page for each location and most of the ranked well. But some locations ranked well in one keyword and not showing for other keyword. For example

Keywords like
    Carpet Cleaning in Chelsea or Carpet Cleaning Chelsea UK - My website showing in 1st position in local search but
    Carpet Cleaning Chelsea - is not showing in local search results.

Same way

Carpet Cleaning Pimlico - keyword is one day showing in 4th Positing in organic search but next few days it is not showing anywhere in organic search.

Someone said it looks like Doorways pages. But i have changed the entire content and changed a lot. As well as the page is well optimised, have plenty of High PR backlinks too.

But unable to find the reason and ways to fix it.

Please someone guide me to fix this issue.

Thanks

James

jamesCater, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I wonder if, because you have suburb names in your search, Google is applying local search rules.

I just did a search for "Carpet Cleaning Chelsea UK" and your site was the first non-ad in the results. Chelsea is such a distinctive place that I wonder how many searches are done for "Carpet Cleaning Chelsea UK" versus "Carpet Cleaning Chelsea", an experienced Google search user would expect Google to know that I'm in Chelsea so that's the Chelsea to provide results for.

As for your landing page - on my laptop all I get above the fold is the request for postcode. That's space where you could be selling your services and engaging the visitor rather than asking them to give info to a company they have no idea about.

Who wrote the copy?
    If I've searched for carpet cleaning and clicked on your link I don't need to be told that my carpet gets dirty. I'd rather hear how you don't mind moving furniture, use colour safe chemicals and how long it will take my carpet to dry.

upload_2017-8-9_20-6-1.png

I'm not sure why you have the extra link for the map when you have the map beside the address but you do, however the map just goes to Chelsea and not to the address you give. I'm not sure why you are secretive about your location. I have no problem hiring someone from a different part of town but would be cautious about someone who uses a post service so they can fake a local address. It's obviously something you've decided is a good strategy so keep on with it, but next time you review that strategy maybe have a think about how using a post service reflects on your honesty and credibility.

upload_2017-8-9_20-6-52.png
    It wouldn't hurt to use telephone markup to allow people to call you by clicking the number if they've searched on their phone

<a href="tel:1-408-555-5555">1-408-555-5555</a>
    Code (markup):

Attached Files:

sarahk, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  3. jamesCater

jamesCater Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk,

Thanks for your reply and detailed analysis.

I got all your points. Regarding the postcode in the top. Its our standard template across the site. With this standard template we got many pages in good postion.

But i didn't understand why it is ranking when in search carpet cleaning in chelsea or Carpet cleaning chelsea uk but not when i search carpet cleaning chelsea.

Take a look at https://www.carpetbright.uk.com/carpet-cleaning/pimlico/ where i changed the content as first couple of lines about our services and then about the place and other details. Still Carpet Cleaning Pimlico is ranked in 4th position for one day and disappears few other days. So please guide me how to fix this issue and get it listed fixed on search results.

Thanks

James

jamesCater, Aug 9, 2017 IP