1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My ultimatum letter to Clicksor about their virus/malware ads! Will they listen?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Eurofile007, Oct 11, 2009.

I'm fed up with Clicksor's malware/virus ads that keep redirecting my website users to other sites by force against their will! Clicksor refuses to fix this problem permanently, but instead expects me to report the these neverending hacking ads to them everyday, in essence asking me to work for them for free with no pay or credit!!!!!!!! This problem continues to repel my website visitors and compromise my site traffic! It can't continue!

So I'm going to send them this ultimatum letter below. What do you think? Will it work? Will they listen to reason and allow us to cash out our remaining balance, since they cannot fix this serious problem, and thus the fault and failure is on their end?!

Eurofile007, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  2. Thibaut

Thibaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. I am using Clicksor as well and the computer of my wife has been infected by a trojan downloaded from a Clicksor ad displayed on one of our blogs ! This caused a lot of mess here and off course a huge wasted time for me :mad:

I let know imagine as well the impact of this incident to our visitors.

There are other ad companies we are using who asked us to remove Clicksor or else we would be banned from their network. Guess what I did ?

Regards
    Thibaut

Thibaut, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  3. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man. I'm going through the same exact issue with paypoup/clicksor network. I've reported it to Anita a few times and always provide IP, URL and exact time I got a trojan via their network.

Could anyone here suggest another network. It would be sad to stop using these guys specially since they have good rates and make up about 50% of my earnings for this site.

fabriciogr, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  4. Eurofile007

Eurofile007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know. The thing is, they are the only alternative to adsense in that they use contextual ads. Besides adsense and clicksor I can't think of any others that use contextual PPC advertising.

Yahoo Publisher Network does, but they do not accept most sites.

I can't understand why Clicksor doesn't get it. It's like they know their ship is about to sink cause of this, yet they do nothing about it, period. Very odd. It's like they welcome suicide.

5. Eurofile007

Best Answers:
    BTW, maybe you guys can send Clicksor the same ultimatum letter that I sent them (feel free to use mine if you like and just change your name). If enough of us send them such a letter getting serious about this problem, maybe they'll listen to reason finally?

6. basketballboy

basketballboy Member

Best Answers:
    Clicksor is awful. Low pay, and bad ads. They've said they fixed the problem too many times... Such a terrible network.

basketballboy, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  7. JakeWasHere

JakeWasHere Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for you for writing the letter, let's see if it does anything.

JakeWasHere, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  8. sgalex

sgalex Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think they will fix this issue. Their ad format and functioning is a little bit terrible.

sgalex, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  9. dimitri123

dimitri123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I removed their popunders and guess what, the number of visitors almost doubled.. :)

Their ads are horrible..

dimitri123, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  10. Eurofile007

Best Answers:
    Good news. I finally got a response from Clicksor regarding my long letter to them. Here it is:

Anita:

I hope they really do something about it.

Dimitri, it's not just their popunders. I only use their banner and text link ads, and the hijacking ads still come through! It's really annoying and invasive.

Eurofile007, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  11. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been happening to my site too and has cost me a lot of traffic.
    I use redux ads, but I am not yet certain it's their ads; but the complaints here are almost identical.

Steupz, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  12. ponpulla

ponpulla Peon

Best Answers:
    they wont listen im betting they know about this,, but they choose to ignore it

ponpulla, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  13. perfectblue

perfectblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think they will listen .....
    I had sent letters thrice till date.... yet no solution :(

perfectblue, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  14. xNuKeRx

xNuKeRx Member

Best Answers:
    I removed their ad code yesterday. I gave them too many changes to get rid of their bad ads, but they keep coming.
    Shame, because Clicksor could have been great advertisement network.

xNuKeRx, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  15. bestbiznet

bestbiznet Peon

Best Answers:

I removed Clicksor ads long ago but still using paypopup, it works fine.

Try spot200.com , good ecpm rate for publisher.

bestbiznet, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  16. pad

pad Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,
    Beside the fact that I totally agree with you, only one small comment. As a person that sent few complaints letter in his life, I truly think that a smaller letter would have done the same affect.
    I know that when you are sitting to write such a letter you are angry and want to write everything bad that happened to you but usually the person receiving this kind of letter will never read it fully if it is too long.

For example, how many people here actually read the letter posted fully and deeply? or just skip between the paragraphs because it was too long?
    However, I do appreciate people doing something when they are bothered and not sitting quietly and suffer.
    Keep up the good work!

pad, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  17. Eurofile007

Best Answers:
    Finally, I get some constructive updates from clicksor regarding the virus problem in their ads. Leslie from Clicksor wrote me:

My reply to Leslie:

Leslie's next reply:

My next reply to Leslie:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    Eurofile007, Nov 6, 2009 IP