1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my tips

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoemoney, May 4, 2005.

1. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Actually he said not to use automatic content generation.

By the way homer .. I really like your adsense site learnt a bunch there - thanks

sadcox66, May 7, 2005 IP
  2. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe.. maybe not. I won't tell you what I made in April, but I'll say this.. I am smiling very big.

I DO know of others that are making more than I am. And that's fine! There is more than enough to go around.

Joel

jcomm, May 10, 2005 IP
  3. aix4200

aix4200 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when i read these posts i felt like i never gonna reach those high limits, i have started with 1 site 2 months ago and some day i receive no click someday i make 80- 90 cents ....

quite amazing people make lot of money , very inspirational for new webmasters.

:confused:

aix4200, May 10, 2005 IP
  4. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently not making jack squat either with adsense but I can tell you one small piece of advice if you want to make it big with adsense...

you must first believe that you actually WILL earn 10,000 a month, even better you must convince yourself that this day will one day be true and that this day is coming...

letsmakeamillion, May 10, 2005 IP
  5. aix4200

aix4200 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks letsmakeamillion

aix4200, May 10, 2005 IP
  6. whenindoubt

whenindoubt Peon

Best Answers:
    Back to the S corp thing.

Not to get too technical. With an S corp profit gets distributed to each of the shareholders in accordance to their basis(reletive to the amount of shares each person owns) then taxed on their individual tax returns under their individual tax rates. Usually found on a K1 then reported on Schedule E (i believe).

Problem is that Uncle Sam does not like this since certain taxes are avoided by persons who WORK for the company. If you look around there are many documented cases won by the IRS/Government against S Corp owners/shareholders escaping employment taxes. These cases pretty much set the presidence of shareholders who ACTIVELY WORK for the company should be paid a REASONABLE wage. When that is done you get to pay taxes just like a normal job and so does the company. Whatever is left - expenses can be distributed as profit/loss to individual tax returns which usually constitutes in tax savings.

So if you are the only owner more than likely you work for the company even if it be an administrator doing paperwork. The gov. can come back at you IF they wanted.

Other than that these tips on here are great! Keep it up guys.

whenindoubt, May 10, 2005 IP
  7. akeeldin

akeeldin Guest

Best Answers:
    SM - Great Thread!

With 100's of sites to manage, how do you have enough hours in the day to make sure that each one is positioned on the SERPs. Things like forum posts, link building, etc.

From what you said, it looks like you set up your site, optimize it, send out press releases and watch the traffic come to you. Is this correct?

akeeldin, May 11, 2005 IP
  8. arun_infy

arun_infy Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it too hard to handle 8 sites... can't even imagine about 100 sites...

arun_infy, May 11, 2005 IP
  9. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL I have 10 sites, and that is hard to manage!

paymentapprovaltooslow, May 11, 2005 IP
  10. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joel i guess you joined this forum just to answer me!!! ;)

khushal, May 12, 2005 IP
  11. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:

LOl maybe :)

paymentapprovaltooslow, May 12, 2005 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:

Kind of... I have a routine I do for each new site. I usually wait to add them to directories until I have atleast 5.

Shoemoney, May 16, 2005 IP
  13. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoe: what type of content managament do you use for your sites? Right now I've done everything to hiring some guy son rentacoder to code custom CMS's to coding some stuff myself (takes too much time) to using Movable Type. What have you done?

hdpt00, May 16, 2005 IP
  14. esaks

esaks Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is VERY inspiring for me. I am about to take the plunge into building websites for a living, and it was very encouraging to read that most of the steps i had planned, like setting up multiple sites under an S corporation etc was done before with great success. There were also a lot of great tips i had never thought of, i cant say thanks enough!!!

esaks, May 17, 2005 IP
  15. dphoto

dphoto Peon

Best Answers:
    this thread is really good..
    I always come back everytime i need a motivation

thanks a lot guys..!

dphoto, May 17, 2005 IP
    AfterHim.com and Liminal like this.
  16. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    hint: if you like the thread, give some green to shoemoney's reputation ;)

Liminal, May 17, 2005 IP
    AfterHim.com likes this.
  17. rjn

rjn Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you use your existing sites to generate traffic for your new sites? If the answer is yes, how important is this to you in developing traffic? I am asking because it seems as if the easiest way to build an internet business is to add new sites that are related to each other in some way.

rjn, May 17, 2005 IP
  18. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Totally. I think its very important to stay with one vector and slowly branch out into related subjects.

Shoemoney, May 19, 2005 IP
  19. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I use a lightweight version of postnuke. I took out all internal stats/whos online/ user session stuff and implemented my own cacheing engine. My bigest postnuke site currently has almost 170,000 users and at any given time it has about 20-30k people online. Its the bigest postnuke site by about 140,000 users ;) ALexa ranking of 3700. It gets alot of traffic. It works but only because its striped of all the crappy db calls.

Currently I have been playing around with Drupal. (http://www.drupal.org). I totally love it at first impression and it has seo friendly urls out of the jump. Also has excellent built in cacheing. I am going to be playing with it some more but I highly recomend Drupal depending on how much non cms standard code you want to do.

Shoemoney, May 19, 2005 IP
    miko67 and Sisyphus like this.
  20. dchapman

dchapman Guest

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney, you just think you're all cool because you're making a lot of cash from Adsense and have some impressive sites. Pfffft. Well you're not. I tripled* my Adsense revenue this week, so there!

*From $1.00 to $3.00

Seriously, I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for sharing your knowledge. It is appreciated. If you're ever in AZ, hit me up, i'll buy you a beer.

dchapman, May 20, 2005 IP
    palespyder and Liminal like this.