1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My sites are being filtered off

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mudnik, Jan 6, 2005.

Hi,

the pages of my website used to rank quite highly on google (until the dec update).

I just read this post http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050103-142514 about google filtering off results and tried it out. And guess what, all my pages appeared when I added &filter=0 to the url. The qn is, how do I get my site back to the google main search without being filtered off?

For one of the searches, I was even ranked #2 after I added in &filter=0! Without it, I was ranked nowhere coz obviously my site was filtered off.

This is what google says on filtering:

The <filter> parameter causes Google to filter out some of the results for a given search. This is done to enhance the user experience on Google.com, but for your application, you may prefer to turn filtering off in order to get the full set of search results.

When enabled, filtering takes the following actions:

Near-Duplicate Content Filter = If multiple search results contain identical titles and snippets, then only one of the documents is returned.
    Host Crowding = If multiple results come from the same Web host, then only the first two are returned.

Anyone got any ideas?

mudnik, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    You just posted your own answer.

Get rid of the duplicates or make your pages stand out content wise.

In some cases, yuo might have to move hosts/IP.

T0PS3O, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  3. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Martin,

I just ran your site (in your sig) on the Keyword Analysis Tool (link below in my signature). I used the keywords internet mlm

The results were that your site is in position #96 and you are ranked #68 for allinanchor.

The anchor text you use for links should target ONLY the keywords you are targeting. The anchor text in your signature is way too long.

It would be much more effective like this...
    Internet MLM - Download the best mlm ebooks and gain immediate access to other audio interviews, marketing lessons and transcripts worth $6,997 free!

or like this...
    Internet MLM - Download the best mlm ebooks and gain immediate access to other audio interviews, marketing lessons and transcripts worth $6,997 free!

depending on the keywords you wish to target.

It is best to target one page for internet mlm and another for mlmebooks and so forth. Only one keyword/keyword phrase per page.

The Title of the individual pages on your site should begin with the keywords you wish to target with that page.

I don't see you as being "filtered off". You just need to work on a few things.

Good luck,
    Caryl

mcdar, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  4. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Caryl,

thanks for the tip. Will change my signature accordingly...Just a qn..

when I did the search for "internet mlm" and then added in the &filter=0, then my site appears in #3....what gives??

mudnik, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  5. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    check for duplicate content - either within your own site - or from outsiders. you can use copyscape.com to see if anyone copied you. the mid-december algo change seems to have cranked the dup filter up a few notches, so what used to not trigger it, now does. if your site shows up with &filter=0 it likely means it was filtered out in the regular search because Google saw it as a duplicate and unnecessary to list. this is by no means fact - but my own conclusions.

dazzlindonna, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  6. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    Sigh..copyscape returned 0 results. My main page looks unique enough...does google check the content of every page and then decide whether the whole site is duplicate?

mudnik, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Something along those lines yes. If you have a left hand nav bar, top header, right hand info bar and a footer with the same info on each page, then the main body needs a fair few lines to be regarded as non-duplicate content.

T0PS3O, Jan 7, 2005 IP