1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My site suspended for Excessive Consumption - Help! Hosting Gave me 48 hours to try to Fix it -

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by realtormallorca, Oct 11, 2017.

Hi there!

First of all, sorry If I am posting on the wrong forum, mods feel free to move the post if necessary.

I started a personal blog on WordPress on January 2017. The site is http://psiqueduelo.com.
    The site is mainly designed to write articles. That's all I do, I write blog´s post and that's it. I say this because the hosting provider asked me what was the purpose of the web.

At this time, I have like 25 posts and a metric of 170 - 270 daily visitors.

The thing is this morning my site got suspended for excessive consumption of resources that heavily affect the hosting provider. (That's what they told me via ticket).

The hosting provider told me my site could be infected or that I have a problem with my website optimization or else there's a plugging running without permission causing the excessive resources consumption... They enabled my site back & they gave 48 hours to try to fix the issue. They told me to reply back after deleting all plugins to see if it improved or not.

Now I am here looking for some help. Is there anything I can do to check what may be causing the supposedly high demand of recourses in my site? I don't know if it's just my crappy hosting service :/. They told me my site exceeds the resources by more than 1000% of my hosting pack.

I will provide a list with the Plugins I am using:

- Akismet Anti-Spam by Automattic
    - Async JavaScript by Clough I.T. Solutions
    - Cookie´s notice by dFactory
    - Contact form by Web-Settler
    - Disqus Comment System by Disqus
    - Jetpack by WordPress.com
    - kk Star Ratings by Kamal Khan
    - Loginizer by Raj Kothari
    - MyThemeShop Theme/Plugin Updater
    - Re-add text underline and justify by Brice Capobianco
    - Shareaholic | By Shareaholic
    - Table of Contents Plus - Michael Tran
    - UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore - UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson
    - W3 Total Cache
    - WP Review
    - WP Shortcode by MyThemeShop
    - WP Tab Widget
    - Yoast SEO

I already deleted MashShare Plugin :c

Please any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks guys in advance

realtormallorca, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They told you what to do already. If I were you I'd disable as many plugins as I could leaving 2-3 essential ones.

Secondly, if you have access to your .css and .js files try to compress / minify them:

CSS: https://cssminifier.com/

JS: https://jscompress.com/

Reducing the sizes of your images can help too.

If your site keeps growing, sooner or later you will run into the same issue again. Your best options will be 1. Redesigning your site, making sure it doesn't consume recourses the way your current site does or 2. Moving to a dedicated server.

qwikad.com, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  3. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Change the host. Seriously.

Blank ™, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  4. realtormallorca

realtormallorca Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I will disable as many plugins as I can. Another user on another forum told me to get rid of jetpack, that it was related to high consumption of resources.

I will check how to compress my .css and .js files

Regarding my hosting, I know that I have to change it sooner or later, but right now I can´t afford it being in the country I am. I want to first grow my site & earn some money from it before changing to a better hosting service.

Thanks a lot for your advice, I will check everything.

Thank you for your suggestion! :c But right now I can´t. I will later tho!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    realtormallorca, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  5. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Full backup you entire site and download it to your own computer,..in case after 48hours you can't resolve the issue..btw, what specifications hosting do you buy... And price also..

robyries, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  6. realtormallorca

realtormallorca Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Yesterday I did a backup in my cPanel but I didn't download it to my computer. I am doing it now! I bought a hosting from my country * venezuela * it doesn't say much about specifications, you can check it here though https://www.hostingssi.com/comparar.shtml.
    I bought the "personal" one for a year. My pack ends on January 2018. I will be changing to an outside hosting then :/ too many problems and my site is just starting. I just need to find a good hosting with good price & staff support.

EDIT: I paid like 20$ for my hosting service & domain name. Right now it costs like 31$ both things-

realtormallorca, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $31 for how long a period? And how does that break down for the domain and the hosting? Aren't they separate fees?

JoeSpirit, Oct 13, 2017 IP
  8. realtormallorca

realtormallorca Peon

Best Answers:
    Just checked. Since the $ dollar increased in my country, fees changed. Right now it costs 21.72$ the personal pack for 1 year hosting service & 14.00$ to register the domain name.

realtormallorca, Oct 13, 2017 IP
  9. Jordan[H4Y]

Jordan[H4Y] Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, This sounds like a bad situation. Maybe I can help you out, Private message me and we will work something out.

Jordan[H4Y], Oct 13, 2017 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $21.72 for a year of hosting is really cheap and $14.00 for a domain is around average. Just so we understand each other here I think in US dollars.

The bottom line here though is I don't see how you have much choice but to transfer to another hosting service - as others have said.

JoeSpirit, Oct 14, 2017 IP
  11. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would find a quality US host, not a dirt cheap host in another country trying to keep up with technology.
    then again, if you do not address the resource hog, then you may run into again with the US host...

dscurlock, Oct 15, 2017 IP
  12. Jordan[H4Y]

Jordan[H4Y] Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, I am sure something is taking up the resources but the host should help a shared hosting user identify the problem. I can take a look for you if you get in touch with me, and if you need to find another host I will discount our yearly price with what you already paid.

Jordan[H4Y], Oct 15, 2017 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    depends on what type of host you have. If you are part of a reseller, then they do not have this ability, they would have to contact
    their support; a legit host that really cares could figure this out as they can see and track stuff that you may not be able too....
    there are some plugins available that can monitor your resources, however, not much help if you have a suspended account....
    so I am not sure if you can fix anything if you have a suspended account, if they are not helping, then start looking for a better host...

ask your host to give you some test time so you can deactivate all plugins...
    If I had to start with any one plugin, then I may suspect W3 Total Cache...
    over the years, I have heard others call it a resource hog, and all this may
    or may not even be your fault, if a host is not setup properly, then just
    about anything could drain resources, and this is happens when you have
    people that know nothing about unix trying to run a wannabe hosting service.
    (either way, you could be the problem, or they could be the problem...)
    rather then them helping you, it is just easier to get rid of you....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    dscurlock, Oct 15, 2017 IP
  14. Jordan[H4Y]

Jordan[H4Y] Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It also depends on who they are reselling with, we allow our resellers to monitor the script usage of their clients. I would be interested to know who the OP is using for hosting. But either way, a new host is a good idea.

Jordan[H4Y], Oct 15, 2017 IP
  15. WHRDb

WHRDb Member

Best Answers:
    First off, based upon what you describe your site consisting of, it should not be using too many resources. So as your host said, either you were hacked or one of your plugins is causing the problem.

I personally have encountered both of these with different hosts.

When my site was hacked with malicious malware my host sent me a list of malicious files on the server so I could remove them.

When I had a WordPress Plugin that was taking up to much resources they told me this was the case, so I adjusted the plugins I was using.

The point is with both these situations I encountered the host was on my side, giving me detailed information about the problem, so my job of fixing it was easier. It sounds as though it is probably caused by one of your plugins, so I would focus on that area.

I would definitely look for a different host if I were you. I know you probably wanted to support a hosting company in your home country of Venezuela, but what is most important is to have quality hosting service.

Have a look at InMotion hosting and SiteGround. I use and recommend both of them.

WHRDb, Nov 14, 2017 IP
  16. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yep, that host isn't managing their shared hosting well. If your puny site is too much for them, yikes! Find a different host. There are plenty that can be very, very inexpensive when paid for upfront, all at once.

usasportstraining, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  17. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best option is to change your web hosting provider. You can go with Siteground, Hostgator, Inmotionhosting for best and reliable web hosting. A poor web server can only create problems for you.

iwebsocial, Nov 18, 2017 IP