1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my site rejected by botw - please help me

Discussion in 'Directories' started by vic_msn, Apr 4, 2007.

1. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a question of them listing quality sites, it's the No Refund policy that should be of concern. One member is finding out the hardway becuase of that.

He had to come here to ask if anyone has a site that might be accepted at botw as he did not have a replacement and that is kinda sad that you have to ask for help so that you don't lose that money.

wwws, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  2. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is how each and every person looks on business
    sure people definitely want a refund if you expect to get something and end up loosing it. Companies need money to run their business :D
    But great businessmen are separated from good businessmen at the time crisis.
    But I am sure google,botw do have some scale on which they rate a site/directory before accepting the,. For instance if your site is of very good quality the quality score rises and you end up paying less for top position in adword program
    @wwws at last my main concern comes to the fore

vic_msn, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True, but it seems to work. Build a directory like theirs and you will have the freedom to do the same thing. In their defence: Unlike most directories on DP, theirs seems to have some value for the end user. :cool:

Blogmaster, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  4. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You make alot of good points, but the idea (once again) that they can keep the money that someone expect to get something out of it and get nothing in return is truelly wrong and to me it is a bad business practice.

If you were to go to 7-11 and wanted a hotdog and paid for it before I could even give it to you and I take your money and tell you to have a nice day and expect you to walk away without your hotdog, would you walk away without your hotdog? No, you'd punch me in the face and tell me to have a nice day _ _ _ _ _ _(insert bad word there)

This type of policy could only work on the internet, where a company can take your money and give you nothing in return, that's pure nonsense.

wwws, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  5. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Will it work for you if he did just what you said and you submit your site for $70 and he says that your site is not acceptable and you can not have a refund ? Is it ok ?

Thanks

popotalk, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    NO and that is why I have never paid to get in there. But it seems to work out for some people. I guess you´re taking a chance.

7. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree that the review fee should be a 100% of the listing fee and I do not agree with the refund policy. However, I do not need to agree because I do not plan on paying it. It all boils down to supply and demand. If people are willing to keep paying the fee, then nothing will change. People thinks it is a good deal or they wouldn't have so much clot.

It all boils down to the fact that if you agree to pay the fee, you agree to follow their TOS. Since I would not choose to follow the TOS, I would not pay the fee.

I agree with what someone else said; save your money and pay for content.

allout, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Chance - That is why there are gambling sites listed " CHANCE ".

I respect the other dir owners as they have the cohones to say that they don't accept gambling sites outright which in turn even if they pay high dollars to get in.

Thanks

popotalk, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  9. mister charlie

mister charlie Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a listing fee - it's a review fee. The review fee is 100% of the review fee :)

Which is why there is no refund - the service you are paying for is an expedited review of your site - not a listing for that site. When the editor finishes the review, the service has been rendered. Whether the site receives a listing or not is irrelevant to the fact that the service has been performed.

If you are looking to buy a link, there are plenty of places online for you to do so - BOTW, however, is not one of them.

mister charlie, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    What is BOTW´s policy on gambling, pharm, adult, etc.?

11. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I know they list adult sites.

Quote from Interview with Greg Hartnett of BOTW:

On another note: BOTW isn't very fond of directories or the industry. You can see why they don't accept directories and then take the listing fee. :)

NRLMedia, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  12. mister charlie

mister charlie Peon

Best Answers:
    The same as it is with other sites - if it's a quality site with unique, relevant content, we list it in the most relevant category.

mister charlie, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Policy is money from these folks but no refund for the small folks. Similar to corruption which is rampant from my country.

"Can accomodate the biggies with but would whip the farmers."

popotalk, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Are there any legal issues regarding the listing of gambling sites?

15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes sir, according to one example of a well respected and professionally edited quality directory GUIDELINES. Just one from the many examples.

Thanks

popotalk, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  16. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is kind of funny, why would anybody pay you to review a site? They are paying to be listed no matter what you call it. You can spin it anyway you want but no body in their right mind would pay you without expecting to be listed. Of course, as you stated, you can reject them. This a gamble some people take and as I stated in my previous post, I would not pay under your condition but if someone choices to, then they must live with the result.

allout, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  17. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seems this question was overlooked.

I also wondered if a site rejected for a second time may be eligible for inclusion in the future.

Based on my experience with BOTW, if you have not made substantial changes to your site that was originally rejected, resubmitting it will likely yield the same result.

The directories category @BOTW has undergone some changes and several of the previously listed directories were removed from the category as a result.

CReed, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  18. donttrustthisposter

donttrustthisposter Peon

Best Answers:
    But where's the review? I'd put in a reversal with paypal unless I was given a detailed review of why I wasn't accepted.

My guess is in 2 seconds flat BOTW knew it wasn't up to par and sent a generic "sorry" email.

There is a legal basis of expectation of services rendered in where BOTW, and Paypal reside and operate under law.

ie; buying a car at bluebook value then there's no engine, but the guy said "as is".

That is ILLEGAL, just is can't do it. Like selling a "gold necklace" but what you meant was gold as the color and the necklace was brass and you charged $4000....nope illegal.

The technical term is called scam and unless there is a reasonable $70 review it's illegal and seriously you could go class action and subpoena all the records if there was no reasonable review, I'd really like to know how the rejection was handled and how detailed the review.

donttrustthisposter, Apr 5, 2007 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  19. lazyleo

lazyleo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well atleast now i will never try to submit to this site just do a search on this site you will find out how many people complain..god know how many else have been thorugh this and not reported anywhere..its sad man..

lazyleo, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  20. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    !00% review fee?...is that like listing a home for sale and if no buyers then you piss away the listing fee?..Just seems more like another case of robbery by guidelines.

SFOD_D223, Apr 5, 2007 IP