1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Site is GONE from ONE High competition term today.

Discussion in 'SEO' started by wavefront, May 7, 2007.

My QUALITY weight loss site went from #3 in google for a high competition term (many blackhat spammers too) to being GONE. It's just disappeared. I only do white hat seo, and I have many good backlinks and a PR4. Is it possible for someone who hates my site to get google to remove it? I can't think of a single reason why this has happened.

I've been #3, #4 or #5 for months now... but...

This happened about a week ago for 3-4 days and then I was back at #3, but now I'm gone again. The scary part is that the rest of the sites in the index are in the same positions as before... It's just mine that is removed.

What should I do?

I'm quite worried here as I haven't changed anything.

Any ideas?

wavefront, May 7, 2007 IP
  2. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    Without the site or the ranking keyword theres not much advice anyone can give you and im pretty sure you dont want to share

If you want to PM me and Ill take a look for you and wont share the URL but apart from that the advice people can give you is limited

Glen, May 7, 2007 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have the same problem . the problem has started nearly 1 month ago and i did not find the solution yet

trichnosis, May 7, 2007 IP
  4. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Been happening to lots of people since mid April or so. For me it's just been getting worse and worse, I've got several sites now that don't rank for anything, including their own domain names.

DLGx, May 7, 2007 IP
  5. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    It took me weeks to get ranked for my own (full) name, with "my entire name.com"

exponent, May 7, 2007 IP
  6. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites that has been completely killed by google is 8 years old under the current domain name and have had the same stable positions for about 6 years.

DLGx, May 7, 2007 IP
  7. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive spoke with the OP via PM and the issue is solved

Glen, May 8, 2007 IP
  8. dc dalton

dc dalton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Happened over here too! Last Sunday (April 29th) we lost our #3 ranking on our main term, we had held this spot (or just around it) for 3 or 4 months and then bang it was gone.

We thought it was because of a redesign but the content itself never changed. The redesign, if anything, should have helped the rankings not hurt them as it was a more streamlined code structure.

After seeing this thread and a few others I'm now wondering if they didn't make a goofy algo change.

What's weird is we still hold our rankings on that term for some of the foreign Googles

dc dalton, May 8, 2007 IP
  9. wavefront

wavefront Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am SO confused! I am still #3 on ALL datacenters except for one, which must be the one that serves almost ALL of my visitors, because I have no sales!

Why would my site be removed from one datacenter and there at ALL the others? This has been an ongoing problem for a couple weeks now, and it seems that all other sites in the index for "phentermine" are unaffected. :(

wavefront, May 9, 2007 IP
  10. dc dalton

dc dalton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well we have a similar problem, our main terms still show #2 in all the NON US Googles but the Google data centers for the US are showing us any where from #40 to #69 .... and the numbers coming back for the search (the total found) are violently moving all over the place. When I say violently we have had shifts of 10 - 20 million ups and downs in under and hour!

Your gonna have to do the same thing everyone else is doing, sit back and ride the storm out. Hopefully they will figure out life soon.

dc dalton, May 9, 2007 IP
  11. vishwa

vishwa Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been happening from a long time. We search optimizers work hard for top positions, but one fine day wen Google updates it's algo our whole efforts turn out to be useless. May be thats coz Google wants website owners to invest in paid search marketing rather than organic SEO.

vishwa, May 14, 2007 IP
  12. julandy

julandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine's gone too. I worked really hard to create a site that would rank high, no black hat stuff here. I got it onto the 3rd page #23 first hit, I was over the moon and now it's vanished!!!!!
    The thing is, I can't find it anywhere!! it was showing up in about 30-40 search engines but now its just on page 3 of 1 obscure engine and no others??!!

julandy, May 14, 2007 IP
  13. maxed

maxed Peon

Best Answers:
    strange... a website i launched a few weeks ago has ranked second for a very competive terms (49 million results)....beating most websites with over 5000 backlinks...

google sure does do some wierd things.

maxed, May 14, 2007 IP
  14. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Never trust one Data Centre. This could be a simple test that Google Engineers are running and you are seeing the affects of it. For the most part ignore it until you see the same changes starting to roll-out onto other DC's.

This is very normal for a new site. Wait until Google drops it like a brick holding it down until it starts gaining trust.

cormac, May 14, 2007 IP