1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My site has disappeared from Google on mobile searches only

Discussion in 'SEO' started by GreyNomads, Oct 21, 2021.

My website has suddenly disappeared from Google search on cell phones. It appears top on the desktop for its key words. I've checked our Google console and although our site isn't really 'mobile friendly' yet, and I don't think that this is the problem. Other sites which are also not 'mobile friendly' come up on a mobile search. I've also checked to ensure that we are not blocking google bots, etc, but that is not the problem either.
    Can anyone help?

GreyNomads, Oct 21, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Do you have a webmaster account with Google Search Console (https://search.google.com/search-console/)? What does it say there?

By the way, how long has it been since the site "disappeared" from mobile searches? Google does daily updates to its algo, sometimes sites disappear for a few days then they appear and disappear again... and so on.

qwikad.com, Oct 21, 2021 IP
    Sumit_Singh likes this.
  3. GreyNomads

GreyNomads Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi qwikad,
    Thanks for your message. We do have a webmaster account with the Google Search Console and although there are a couple of minor issues, I cannot see anything there (such as blocking Google's crawls, etc) that would warrant our site being removed. It has been off the search for about a week now, but still appears top if you search for it on a desktop. Very weird and frustrating! Any suggestions about how to fix this would be much appreciated.

GreyNomads, Oct 21, 2021 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's not really weird since desktop and mobile rankings are not one and the same now. As a matter of fact desktop rankings are no longer a factor in determining your overall site rankings, only mobile. Google said that 6 mo. or so ago. How's your mobile site speed?

qwikad.com, Oct 22, 2021 IP
  5. GreyNomads

GreyNomads Peon

Best Answers:
    According to the Google Search console, under the 'core vitals' heading, there are pages that 'need improvement' in terms of speed, but none are listed as 'poor'.

GreyNomads, Oct 23, 2021 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What about your website impression rate? If you have dropped off of Google that rate should have also collapsed. Ditto for your click through rate.

If those two rates have not collapsed then people are still seeing you in the serps no matter what Google says about your mobile searches.

mmerlinn, Oct 23, 2021 IP