1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My site got in only 4 months old

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Olney, Jan 24, 2006.

I'm happy to say that one of our newest projects got included in the DMOZ after just 2 weeks I think sitting in limbo. I submitted to one category that was related & it was moved to a better category & approved.

I will admit I too have had sites rejected, even admitted & taken back out later.

I do believe though there are a large percentage of members who make made for adsense directories etc. My CafePress powered site was included & then taken back out a few months later.

I think that they really want new content that is not available already.

My site that was accepted opens up a new market & that's my main focus. I'm personally trying to make this market better & I think it shows in my site.

I think the adsense'd out directories are not the route for the DMOZ it's like pick a theme use a directory script & let the DMOZ make you money.

I think if people started directories with full unique reviews or something it might work.

My site is not a directory but I try to offer things to the users especially since I'm giving new development on this market.

I think we all have to really look at our projects & just say is my site "new to the game" is it blatantly adding new content that is not available anywhere else.

Then I believe you guys have your project.

I'm going to revamp another old project with this in mind & see if I can get it accepted in a few months when it's ready. I wish you all good luck. Hopefully this is taken as just advice & not gloating.

Olney, Jan 24, 2006 IP
    Alucard likes this.
  2. frenchmen77

frenchmen77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess you were one of the lucky ones =)

frenchmen77, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. escante

escante Peon

Best Answers:
    You are very lucky other people like me have never been in DMOZ. But like other people say just submit your link to DMOZ and forget about it.

escante, Feb 5, 2006 IP