1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Site Deals In Image Licensing + Content and Images Are Humorous

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by dinrock, Apr 29, 2014.

My site in my signature was recently re-launched on a different server and was rebuilt using a completely different web editor (WordPress, since it's a CMS-based platform). I've covered all my bases in the relaunch process and my question is based on the fact that since I am on a different server now (which has caused all my traffic to drop dramatically), how best to recover lost traffic?
    In the early days, this URL was entered into directories like DMOZ, HUMOR SITES etc. I loathe having to go backwards and have to start listing in directories since I hear that doesn't work. I also loath having to get reciprocal links since I hear that process is virtually useless nowadays. I also avoid articles, since I heard Google recently penalized article sites. So in all reality, what is someone supposed to do (just keep getting slapped by Google?)? I cannot just let the site propogate, or can I?
    Is there anything I am missing? Keep in mind:

-my site has over 10,000 pages and 13,864 URLs were submitted in G. sitemap (last Feb.2)
    -my site deals in humor (cartoons) and images I make available for licensing
    -my site was once at a #6 pagerank but is now #4
    -my site offer web designers a daily auto-updating web cartoon (which is easy to install)
    -my site is over 10 years old
    -my site has affiliate advertising (Google Adsense)
    -my site has it's own designated blog page
    -my site (according to latest stats) gets only 150 views a day (why?)

I feel there must be something missing which I could do in order to get it to generate some sort of traffic..............

dinrock, Apr 29, 2014 IP