1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my PR distribution results

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by devin, Jun 14, 2006.

i submitted a PR through PRWeb and a few other free sites. I upgraded the one on PRWeb with a $40. after seven days, these are the stats:

Reads 27,082
    Estimated Pickup 272
    Prints 3
    Forwards 1
    PDF Downloads 0

no significant increase in traffic. does it work? may be too early to tell. would like to hear your opinions.

devin, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  2. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a way of tracking backlinks gained?

MattUK, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  3. Darkhodge

Darkhodge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used PR several times and didn't really see a significant increase in traffic. Quite a significant increase in backlinks through - one PR ($40) increased my backlinks by around 4,000 (from 1k to 5k) but that said it's not worth much in terms of value... Also after a certain time period the PR gets removed etc... so the link count falls again.

Well that's my experience of PR anyway. :eek:

Darkhodge, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    nope, none in MSN either.

devin, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's worth it in terms of value if you use the tool properly. Too many people send press releases about anything and everything, and there's really nothing newsworthy or significant about their site. If you do that, you're not going to get any real results. You need to do something newsworthy first. Launched a new site? great. So why is it different than your competitors? Set up an impressive contest. Set up something to benefit a charity through your site. Implement a new technology your competitors aren't using. Be on the forefront, not a follower. If you put in the effort, PR will bring you enormously more than advertising or other marketing efforts combined. But don't expect miracles when you give the media nothing to work with. Releases aren't backlink-generating tools. They're "news". They're written for the media, not the end-user. If you don't understand what a tool is meant to do, and how it can best benefit you if used properly, you'll never be happy with the results.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jun 16, 2006 IP