1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My new webdesign

Discussion in 'Design' started by Jasper De Moor, Apr 21, 2014.

Hello everyone,

So i'm reworking my hole website and i wanted to get some tips on improving the new design i'm working on right now.

http://jasperd.net78.net/ (you will see the same image as below with an under construction sign on it)
    [​IMG]

Kind Regards,
    Jasper,

Jasper De Moor, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  2. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I don't understand what you need.

You need a tips for improving the new design... but where is the design?

carlo75, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  3. Jasper De Moor

Jasper De Moor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You mean the codes? or what?
    This is a screenshot of the design ;/
    [​IMG]

Jasper De Moor, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  4. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Man, design like that will scare the hell out of your customers, imo -- the colors rushing out from the monitor press on psychics with massive dark objects. Wah. I, honestly, don't like it at all.

Karuna17, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Carlo75, as for you, does this design really provoke a desire to go into it?
    Answer the question for yourself first, and think of your customers as 5 times meaner and pickier that u are

Karuna17, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  6. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep,
    the design is very poor and the colour scheme is really unusual and the dark don't like me too.

So I mean also the code, are you planning to port in Wordpress or just html?
    The flags and the shields looks blurred... I don't like... sorry

carlo75, Apr 25, 2014 IP
    Karuna17 likes this.
  7. Jasper De Moor

Jasper De Moor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm planning on making this in html and css

Jasper De Moor, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  8. LenKaiser

LenKaiser Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly are you selling? Programming? Web Design? Both? The design is too busy if you are selling a web design/programming service for clients. You can have unique things but do not use the entire thing as the background. That background would be great if you used it as a slide in a slider on your front page and had a message connected with it like, "PC Computer repairs at your fingertips." or something similar. Using that as your total background is just too busy and strange for a business web site.

LenKaiser, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  9. Jasper De Moor

Jasper De Moor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's kinda a background for just the landing page then you scroll down or go to another page and you see the rest of the website....
    So it's not the background of the full website it's just the background for the homepage

Jasper De Moor, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  10. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Jasper, seriously, if it's a landing-page design, you have to think out something reaally creative and seducing to make your customers scroll down.

By the way, even more difficult task for you with a design like that: make sure that this scrolling down will look good on all the mobile devices. Are u gonna have a dark scroller?

Karuna17, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  11. LenKaiser

LenKaiser Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly if I were looking for a web designer/programmer and came across your page I would probably move on. If you are planning on making a business page then I'd lose the dark background on the landing page. And having a landing page these days is really kind of an outdated. Its not something that professional designers/programmers do because it looks unprofessional. Most people when they are looking for a good or service do not want to click through a landing page or too much of anything else to get to the information they need. They need to see what they want quickly because many people now days have busy lives working, spending time with family etc. They do not want to sit there for a long time trying to figure out where the info is that they need. If they have to sit for a long time to figure it out then they will just leave without buying. So its important for you to "sell" the the very first page and keep your viewer engaged where they feel they will find everything they need right there and not have to go to another web site for it. Being good with SEO and advertising is only half the battle you have to keep them on your page when you get them there. I suggest that you do a google search for web designers or programmers even which ever it is that you do and take a look at other pages that rank high in page rank. Its a good bet that those pages do pretty good business and you can see the difference. Its not bad to be different, but its not good to make it where its difficult for your buyer to understand or find stuff they need.

That being said, the only way I could see your background possibly working in your favor would be to use it in a slider at the top of a Responsive designed page with a short brief message on the picture. Otherwise I would not have a landing page or use it as a background on your first page. Its best to keep the entire site uniform when you are trying to sell a good or service. :)

LenKaiser, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  12. Galaxian

Galaxian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with the negative reviews. This is a very bad design with little to review, sorry.

Galaxian, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  13. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That "design" isn't a web design... AT ALL.. The complete lack of planning for content reeks of putting the cart before the horse by dicking around in Photoshop before you have semantic markup of content of value (or at least a reasonable facsimile of any future content)... Ooh look, you made a splash page; welcome to the top of every "how not to build a website" list out there.

From the massive background image that has no business going a website in the first place, to the W3C logo's no actual user gives a flying **** about...

Design? WHAT DESIGN. In the words of a very wise woman from the '80's... "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

Though it is everything I've come to expect from the people who think that paint programs are web design tools; which is akin to saying crayons are architectural tools.

deathshadow, May 4, 2014 IP
  14. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The greatest design I have ever seen in my entire life.

Joke aside.

There is no design, all it is is just a picture..

The text is unreadable and it loads slowly.

0/10 - would not visit again.

Helge Sverre, May 6, 2014 IP