1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My new blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by AndreaTS, Feb 10, 2015.

Hi guys. I just launched my blog. it is the first time that I am doing it for myself from scratch and I would like to ask you. What can I do to generate traffic to my blog? Improve the SEO perhaps? Please check it on: ladolcevitadiandrea.com
    thanks,
    A

AndreaTS, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  2. Blogwizard

Blogwizard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Improving SEO is one way. There's a few ways:

1. Have a twitter/facebook account, send messages to your friends and family to like/follow.Everytime you have a new post, post it there.

2. Install a plugin called AA's Dig Dig alternative, and submit it to stumble upon/reddit/etc. Every 3-4 posts you submit to stumble upon, submit someone's blog to avoid spam detection.

3. Find forums that are related to your niche, and be active on it.

4. Set up a email submit form, so people can give you their emails and you can email them everytime you have a new post. Use free/paid plugins, and give them an incentive to sign up.

5. Comment on blogs that are related to yours.

6. Write useful/valuable content. VERYimportant. Without this, then traffic wont come. This is the foudnation.

7. Guest post on other travels related to you.

8. Create infographics and put your website logo/name on it. Infographics are easier to share, and stumble upon loves it.

9. Make sure your blog is designed well, people are attracted to blogs that look good. Yours is great, but get a logo. Use fiverr or create your own.

Work on these 9 points, don't overwhelm yourself and do it at once. Take your time.

Hope that helped :)

Blogwizard, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  3. Folagi

Folagi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a good guide that I recommend you check out if you're new to SEO. It will cover some of the basics and give you a decent understanding:

http://blog.mediawizardz.com/seo-essentials-part-1-internet-technology

Folagi, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  4. nathan neeley

nathan neeley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if youre open to feedback, I'd get even more in depth into a specific niche market

nathan neeley, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  5. AndreaTS

AndreaTS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys so much! have a good day!

AndreaTS, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  6. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Andrea. Here is some suggestions for you :
    1. get a sitemap plugin. Insert that sitemap to google and bing webmasters and also link the sitemap in the footer ( necessary for other search engines to properly index your website ) .
    2. Use twitterfeed service to post rss updates to twitter, facebook and linkedin automatically when posting something new.
    3. Use facebook and pinterest to post pictures and also provide links to your social profiles, not just instagram.
    4. Write as often and original as you can.
    5. Post meaningful comments with your wordpress profile on other websites .

Hope this helps. Cheers

King Manu, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  7. nprins

nprins Member

Best Answers:
    The great thing about getting traffic is that there's plenty of way to do it. However, you are only one person and you can only do so much, so instead of trying everything focus on three or four methods. The two best ways that I know of to grow your site are guest posting and building an email list.

If you decide to focus on guest posting, make sure you include a call to action within your article. This is something you don't see very much of from guest posts on lifestyle blogs and it means most articles will only ever result in a trickle of traffic. Here's a good article on how to drive traffic to your site from guest posting: http://blog.videofruit.com/guest-post-expanded/ Hope it helps

nprins, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  8. AndreaTS

AndreaTS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your time!

AndreaTS, Feb 17, 2015 IP