1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Million Dollar Startup

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shay.Armstrong, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Neat way to plug a site, you do have to admit.
    SEMrush
    The Iowa Dawg

iowadawg, Jan 19, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Peanut

Peanut Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with you about alex' site, but has any other site that has ripped off the idea even got close to his success? that would be a big NO. Your basing all your information on alex, and you will never be as succesful as that site because you are just ripping the idea off!!
    I have been onot that website dedicated to pixel add pages and there must be over a hundred of them, so the fact you offer a banner ad means they will pick you over the rest? i think not. If i were dumb enough to pay for an add id pay for a 100 ads on the 1 cent ones out there and increase the odds of me getting some decent traffic!
    Also what SEO/SEM have you done apart from post here? Granted you have had traffic from here, but i doubt any of us will buy pixels. So when i look for pixel ads on google how high will you come up? not very, so a potential pixel buyer will go for the sites that are high up or are paying for the ppc ads

Peanut, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    How about we delete your thread because you don't have enough posts for self-promotion or a review (especially at the time it started) ;)

T0PS3O, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  4. Serious

Serious Peon

Best Answers:
    Just some remarks like that:

Serious, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  5. Peanut

Peanut Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually serious i am not really having a go at you, yeah ok you have replicated a site that has clearly been over done, but at least you have put a good spin on it. It is more shay that i think is on his own worl if he thinks he will be a success with his site. Like you said there are 2000+ sites now all essentially the same with slightly diferent spins each time, so i really dont think a gimmik of a banner ad is that noticable over all the other gimmicks people have used.

Peanut, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  6. Shay.Armstrong

Shay.Armstrong Peon

Best Answers:
    Shay.Armstrong, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  7. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    LaCabra, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  8. Serious

Serious Peon

Best Answers:
    SMV sold only 5500 pixels... Not bad but in the mean time, they have trash the car for more than $20,000 (and I'm not adding the additional cost: team, hosting, etc). Not a very confortable situation.

Serious, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  9. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Any new pixel site is doomed to fail since the whole success of the first and one and only was that it was new and everybody wanted to see what it was about.
    More and more visitors came to see the site out of curiousity and this came to the attention of advertisers. Therefor interest for the advertisers.

I certainly don't see any future in this since who is going to visit a site that is going to be copied a zillion times?

I even don't see a lot of visitors coming to the original site in coming days since the majority of the public already seen it.
    A 5 year plan by Alex is generous but overrated...in 6 months the site will recieve hardly any visitors...in the hundreds maybe...and after this close to nothing.

It was something new and that was the success and everything coming after this is not going to happen...scripts being sold for this...pixel master forums...this is so much a waste of time.

You will be better of finding an investor for your plan that is as you described much appreciated by the internet community because this ain't gonna work for you...i wish it could for you but it's just isn't going to...a waste of your valuable time.

Anyhow welcome to DP :D

Edz, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  10. RandomTechnologies

RandomTechnologies Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say this, but you're a day late and a dollar short! Good luck Regardless!

Chris

RandomTechnologies, Jan 22, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.