1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Marketing Idea - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pianogirl, Jan 29, 2015.

So I won't post the link to my website here because I'm not sure it's allowed, but I have a spoof news website which I set up a few days ago. I've been promoted it mainly on Twitter and Facebook so far, but decided I needed something that would make it unique.

At the moment, because it's so small, I had the idea that I should offer to promote small businesses through spoof news articles. Three small businesses/individuals looking to promote themselves have already taken me up on this offer, and I've written fake and funny news articles which include their name with a link to their website/profile.

The idea is that apart from helping them to promote themselves in a more creative way, it also means that they'll share the article will their friends/fans/followers.

Good or bad idea?

pianogirl, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  2. Imgup

Imgup Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea, as long as you don't do it too often. Don't let your site become basically what would be described as a link directory. Do stories that aren't promoting businesses and individuals a lot more than you do stories promoting them.

Imgup, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Bad, good, spoof, etc. advertising is better than no advertising.

Some businesses purposefully smear their own name to get max exposure. It can backfire, of course, but it can also bring in a fresh flow of customers.

So I say, yay.

qwikad.com, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  4. Matthew Ruano

Matthew Ruano Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you basically looking for new ways to promote your website?

Matthew Ruano, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  5. Devin Perfection

Devin Perfection Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah it seems a pretty good idea. With social media still growing, you can't go wrong with the viral sharing method. But I think the kind of businesses who are keen to advertise this way may be limited, so you shouldn't expect to retire on his revenue model!

Devin Perfection, Jan 31, 2015 IP