1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Live Adsense Experiment! Follow from day 1

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by WebContentWriter, Dec 2, 2008.

1. tahersaid

tahersaid Guest

Best Answers:
    i bookmarked it too :) good luck for all

tahersaid, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  2. Investor411

Investor411 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can do it...I stated my adsense run only a few months ago...and I am making over a grand already....it just takes steady nose to the grind stone habits.

Investor411, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  3. Highena.com

Highena.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    $3000 a month would be sweet. Best of luck with it. Will be stopping by to see how you're progressing.

Highena.com, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  4. dollarjames

dollarjames Peon

Best Answers:
    Ill be watching how you get along with your blogs. Meanwhile keeping 25 niche blogs will be very time consuming... I have less than 10 and find it incredibly difficult to write all these articles and work on SEO too...

dollarjames, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  5. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to drop the 25 blog idea. And start with 3-4 real websites.

Cagliostro, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  6. WebContentWriter

WebContentWriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok Man,

Thanks for your feedback, but you came a little bit too strong. Here's what you should have said instead:
    What kinds of blogs are you going to build? And what format are you going to use?

My Answer:

I will use standalone domain names - .com's and not free hosted blogs such as blogger blogs or wordpress.
    I will use Expensive Wordpress themes, and not just any freely available theme.
    I have set a budget for this, and you're not gonna just come and tell me what to do.
    If you have anything to say, say it in a nice way and keep this thread NICE. I have my plan and everything is all set up.
    First reason why I decided to build 25 niche blogs is because that number is quiet reachable. I will start with 11 completely innovative articles per blog and keep adding more valuable content to them all the while working on the promoting each on of them (aka SEO).
    I know it's a lot of work, but believe me, without work, you won't achieve anything at all.
    I am not going to be doing everything manually of course, I have some tools that will help me achieve my goals. Especially the content creation and article marketing parts (I'm not using any article spinners, no PLR content, no crap) I am going to create the content myself using very advanced software.

Thank you all for your feedback

WebContentWriter, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  7. Ashley1415

Ashley1415 Peon

Best Answers:
    do it. id be happy to see you make it :)
    im just starting out and making no money what so ever but its all such a steep learning curve that i dont expect to for months yet.

Ashley1415, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  8. clivek

clivek Peon

Best Answers:
    I have followed your post for a while. I hope you can succeed. I think blog is the right way to go. If you can post your url or pm your url that will be great for following your way to success as well.

clivek, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  9. tomerz77

tomerz77 Member

Best Answers:
    I think Monthly updates may be not enough. Will you be creating all of the content?

tomerz77, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  10. pluto1

pluto1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Luck buddy. I guess you scored yourself good no. of spectators.

pluto1, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  11. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good job using real niche blogs. Use wordpress "pages" not posts, they work better.

Will you be using affiliate ads aswell as adsense? it may help you earn more...

mikey1090, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  12. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you're referring to Microsoft Word, I doubt auto-generated content will create quality sites. Sounds more like a gimmick to me than a serious enterprise.

koan, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  13. jps61974

jps61974 Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope i can follow you up with this experiment. i too am interested in making money with adsense.

jps61974, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  14. cport1

cport1 Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean you will be using content creation software? sounds kinda unethical

cport1, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  15. BigSexy

BigSexy Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll follow this thread with great interest, GL to you! ;)

BigSexy, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  16. mehreiran

mehreiran Peon

Best Answers:
    I bookmarked it too, Good luck

mehreiran, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  17. SEO-Expert

SEO-Expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Orz this will probably fail and I'll tell you why.

It appears you are relying on SEO means to generate traffic, SEO is my area of expertise and I've got PR coming out my ears so in theory I could do what you are planning and get the home pages of all 25 sites to at least PR4 within a year without having to generate a single link, but when you create a new site your looking at about a years work to put it in a position to BEGIN to rank well and even then your not guaranteed to do well.

If I did this and only added AdSense I doubt the sites would generate $3,000 income a month by the end of year one. By the end of year two with this approach, most likely since by that time the links I'd have added in the first two months would have aged to such a degree that the sites will be out of the sandbox for over 6 months and if the content is high quality maybe generated some organic links.

For you to do this you'll need to gain the domains plenty of backlinks FAST, as a rough guide you should aim for PR4 home pages as a minimum and ideally PR5 home pages. A link you add today will not pass full SEO benefit for about a year! It's the aging of links that causes the sandbox. If you can get all your links in the first 6 months you might do well by end of year 2.

With 25 new domains and only using SEO means your giving yourself 25 times the off page SEO work. I don't doubt a person working alone full time can create 25 sites with say 20 articles each in under a year (just 500 articles, less than 2 articles a day). But getting those links is going to be HARD.

I don't take making money from my own websites too seriously since I have my own business and don't need the money and don't have the time to really devote to it, to me building websites to make money is a hobby (I enjoy the challenge). So my next advice isn't what I currently do, but what I would do if I were you (or had lots of free time). Right now I create SEO'd websites, (I use WordPress as a CMS) link to them from my current sites and hope for the best, to target my time better I've started reviewing affiliate products (Clickbank) since the revenue share is fair and you can make money from a good review page easier than from AdSense alone: last month I made ~$1,200 from AdSense and almost $3,000 from Clickbank, took about 15,000 impressions a day for the AdSense income and 300-400 visitors for the Clickbank.

You would be much better off creating a much smaller number of sites, 5 would be a starting point (add more in year two, though better to keep improving your current sites) and add to those high quality content that others will link to and want to comment on. Best thing I ever did was create free SEO/AdSense WordPress themes that I gave away here http://www.morearnings.com/category/wordpress-themes/ those themes generated a lot of free links and at one point had PR6 pages on the site. I no longer update the themes, (I updated one recently) so links have dropped off.

I would submit derivatives of my articles to the various article directories for others to use, this for a new site can generate a lot more traffic than SEO can in the first year and in the long run the links you'll get from it will feed your SEO plans long term. You could theoretically do no real link building, just rely on the links back from the articles you submit (obviously they have to be good articles).

Doing this for 25 domains I don't think is possible in a year, I'm assuming your creating all your own content and doing everything yourself since you haven't said your doing otherwise.

If you go with SEO means alone I'm 99% sure you won't reach your monetary goal from AdSense alone in a year. Smaller set of sites, article submission and promoting affiliate products along with money from AdSense $3,000 a month in a year is a modest goal and in year 2 and three if you choose the niches (90% of my traffic is in terrible AdSense niches) wisely could be much higher.

Good luck, hope you reach your goals.

David Law

SEO-Expert, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  18. WebContentWriter

Best Answers:

All I can say is Thank you so much for all your suggestions and feedback, that's what I was hoping to get by creating this thread, I benefit from it and everybody else does.

OK, here's my response though:
    maybe I haven't been very clear, but I will create the content myself and I am using MS Word for everything. I use a certain type of software that makes it fast (and I clarified this before, I'm not using any type of spinners) This is real human created content.
    Another very important point, the website creation will take about 2 months to finish and then the rest of my daily activities will focus on creating articles for distribution, the distribution will be automated as well. I guess that will take care of getting backlinks to my websites (since I will be doing it in a very heavy manner, 5 high quality items per day). Plus of course, I will be bookmarking, doing stumbles, exchanging links between websites (related ones though) and other stuff, I will welcome your suggestions for this part.
    The link building part, I will be investing some money here to get some permanent links, but I will not do that in the first couple of months, from my experience, I would better start buying links after the first 6 months.

The Monetization part:
    I am using only Adsense because it's the only way I can get paid, I live in Morocco now and I can't get my checks cashed instantly. Banks here take 10% of the amount of the check and it takes them a whole month to process it. But for adsense, I get money sent directly to me through MoneyGram, which is extremely convenient. Other affiliate programs also send checks and same goes with them.

I like the challenge and I know I will surpass the financial goal I have set. Follow me and you will see.
    One last thing, I will be creating more websites after exactly 8 months.
    Thanks again everyone.

WebContentWriter, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  19. nialler

nialler Peon

Best Answers:
    @ ORZ

To say that you can't make good money from blogs is a bit of a misnomer. A lot of the big earners have made their money that way. Just ask Jason Calacanis :)

nialler, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  20. WebContentWriter

Best Answers:
    Yaay to that buddy

WebContentWriter, Dec 5, 2008 IP