1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My latest ad site with a twist: www.mmmzr.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mawooshen, Oct 10, 2006.

1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The only thing holding it back is you have to wait for the guy to do everything manually. If it was automated I would probably just keep buyimg them nonstop (So i guess its a good thing there is an artificial cooling down mechanism :D )

yfs1, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    LOL yeah - built-in addicts protection - free of charge. I'm now sitting here waiting for him to finish dinner :( :D

Looked through my logs and I got one hit more from mmmzr than slashdot - that's a pretty amazing feat!

T0PS3O, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  3. Forum-Angels

Forum-Angels Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my $1 back :)

Forum-Angels, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  4. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is a very fresh concept :). I like your site... oooozes creativity :)

Ballz, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  5. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear it furion!

I'm working on the layout of the buttons and have made this slightly different version.

I'm just trying to increase the clickability of the buttons and make it a little easier for me to upload them. The current version has rounded corners, they are a pain and will make it impossible to automate.

Let me know if you think I'm going in the right direction.

Cheers!

I also want to get everything more aligned and feel a little more polished.

By the way what's the maximum set width I should have for the site to make sure the vast majority of people can see it all in their screens? 600px?

mawooshen, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  6. dp-user-1

dp-user-1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'll definitely consider it. Gotta finish the last page first.

Hahahaha .

dp-user-1, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  7. Mind_nl

Mind_nl Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a very cool concept! Playing a bit of HYIP myself I just bought a spot on your site. Doubling your money is always a nice thing to do, I'm sure a lot of people will try this out just for the heck of it, while the price is still low.
    One thing though: whats in this for you? Looks like all the money you recieve is being paid to the people with ads up. Do you just buy some adspots yourself to make money?
    edit: oh wait I get it, you are paying 75% and get to keep the other 25% very nice concept, and everyone wins as long as people keep buying spots...

Mind_nl, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  8. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I got my $2 back + 4 clicks!! :D Lets get some links pointing at that site so that our links become more valueable. :D

Weirfire, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  9. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah please do! I'm spending most of my time trying to redo the site layout again and so don't have time to do any promoting yet! Feel free to get started yourselves! ;)

I wanted to get more of an organised and grid like feel for the buttons so I've come up with a new style again!

Staring at that red all the time was doing my head in so I've tried to tone down the colors in this one and it's boxed in and looking a lot more like my original black template lol.

I'd like to know what you guys think before I set up properly. Don't worry about the links or buttons, they're just for show:

boxed in version

Cheers!

mawooshen, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    One more suggestion (sorry for keeping you busy :D ). Million Dollar Homepage had an easy to remember name and just seeing that phrase captured the imagination and fueled curiosity. Your deal, besides an unpronounceable mmmrz, has no name. So what are we calling it? How are we linking to it? It lacks some identity IMO.

Give it a name I'd say. Then we will open the flood gates. Right now I don't know how to refer to it. Something catchy would finish the package and then it's ready for prime time IMO.

Something like 'Money Doubler Ads' could do the trick and should be easy to rank for. Then by the time it gets known, you rank high enough to get the traffic.

More 2cts on top of the pile I already sent you :)

T0PS3O, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  11. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got a good $10 dollars worth of advice from you already! Maybe I should give you a free ad! :)

I'll have a think about some good names, but I'm kind of fond of mmmzr (with 3 m's)... it's grown on me. I pronounce it umzer! Anyone out there got some good names? Don't fancy changing domain names though...

What did you think of the new boxed in version by the way? I've added one more column to fill up the space better, hope noone minds!

12. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It's fine sticking with mmmzr but it's kind of hard to relate to. then at least give it a strap line. Saying "Go visit mmmzr, it's the latest craze!" doesn't say much. It needs something more IMO.

I don't see much difference between index and indexA. Only square vs rounded.

I'd not spend too much time on that part anymore. The longer it leaves unmarketed the more scope for copy cats taking what you have, adding some tweaks and launching it, beating you to it.

T0PS3O, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  13. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    What about cash-columns.com

14. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I wasn't even thinking of changing domains necessarily but that is a fantastic name IMO. That has the MDHP curiosity to it without sounding spammy. Excellent idea Weir!

T0PS3O, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  15. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Thanks Johan.

I'm available for hire at $80,000 a year if anyone needs a business consultant.

16. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    Cash columns doesn't sound bad.

Yeah indexA is pretty much the same but then I went on and did this one:

boxed in version

which is quite different. Not as colorful but more professional and less painful on the eyes in my opinion. Emphasizes the grid like tetris feel you mentioned earlier!

You're right though I need to move on from the design but I want to have something I'm happy with before I do anything else.

17. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I prefer the old style! :)

We're making your life difficult aren't we :D

I'd to this:
    1. Finish the automation as much as you can, streamline the back office part for yourself. Our front end works fine.
    2. Consider the brandability and possible name change. I do believe it can take you to that lucrative 'next level'. At the minimum, add some form of a slogan/strap line to mmmzr so we can call 'it' something.
    3. Let us know when you're happy enough with it and we'll help propel it.

Then by the time you sold 100 spots you'll have some new problems to worry about probably. I wouldn't leave it much longer.

T0PS3O, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  18. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    You're joking! I thought the new one was a winner! :confused:

How about everyone else? I need a second opinion! :D

Thanks for the good advice though, I'll get to work on it.

19. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
  20. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    You could build 8 sites with the same theme and the top spot from each of the 8 sites gets a spot in the hall of fame site which gets tonnes of traffic. Just an idea if you're looking to expand lol

jaree likes this.