1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My latest ad site with a twist: www.mmmzr.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mawooshen, Oct 10, 2006.

1. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think he just made a big mistake. He stated in his blog that someone got cold feet and withdraw his Ads..

He is such a honest guy...but that serious is a big mistake

ahkip, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  2. Anteros

Anteros Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as all payments made to existing advertisers are made, it isn't so bad.

Of course, If i were the guy that paid 4k on column A I would've been a little dissapointed, but this was a little lesson and I'm sure that Tadashi won't make the same mistake again.

Anteros, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  3. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, it is about the new Advertiser..If you see that someone withdraw his bid, will you place a bid? The whole point is to make the advertiser to "trust" it is gonna work...and he've just kill that trust

ahkip, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  4. Anteros

Anteros Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, now you say that, it's true that the advertising world is very fragile and in "web 2.0" trust and relationships are the most important.

I hope this doesn't hurt this project. It's a great idea.

Anteros, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  5. bigmack

bigmack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, I agree. I just read his blog post on that too. Starting to look abit too unprofessional to give people the security of spending those thousands of dollars for a button link.

It's all about the image.

bigmack, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  6. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok, who wants to tell me how to spice up The Tallest Advert?

I am not sure about mmmzr at the moment, looks like a ponzi scheme* and only takes a credit card charge back or a simple scam and the whole thing could be valueless.

because of my doubt (and the current prices :p )... "I'm out"

James.

Solicitors Mortgages, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  7. Forum-Angels

Forum-Angels Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like your idea, lol I aint seen that before. :)

Forum-Angels, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  8. Anteros

Anteros Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea, but if you want to be the tallest, maybe you can do so selling less but bigger ad spaces. I don't really feel like clicking on tiny buttons

Anteros, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  9. Brilliances

Brilliances Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm.. i've heard of pyramid schemes and knew they were illegal. I've never known about ponzi.

After reading the link, this does sound illegal. Got any lawyers roaming here?

Brilliances, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  10. Mind_nl

Mind_nl Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not a ponzi scheme at all. A ponzi scheme gets money from investors and tells them they will make a nice profit after a certain time. After there is enough money in the pot, the scammer just takes off with the money.

mmmzr is very clear on how it works, you know that you will only get paid if the ad spot above yours is sold and you can figure out for yourself that after reaching a certain point it is very unlikely that the spots will be sold... It's not a pyramid scheme eighter, those require YOU to recruit new members to sign up so that you will get your money back.

The site is just selling ad space and sharing its revenue with the advertisers, nothing illegal about that!

Mind_nl, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  11. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like it's slowing down at the moment, he should invest in some advertisement or else the copycat will make as much money has he will

Jarodboy, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  12. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's right as it does not guarantee a profit it is not a ponzi scheme, although structurally it's a very similar principal, the lesser (and first ads will double their money.. it's so cheap, but as it increases the top slots will neither get their money back or double their payment.
    With only a few ads sold the site is almost FULL already. The majority of website owners have already been priced out of advertising so as a business model...it sucks. Not for me, I won't be bookmarking it.

from doubleboosts blog

mmmzr certainly has a "ponzi-esque" feel about it with it's alure of making some money as an attraction to parting with your cash, if you want to read about actual ponzi schemes and the principal, look here it makes an interesting read and mostly ends with "went to jail" ..."went to jail" ..."went to jail"

James.

Solicitors Mortgages, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  13. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The dude doesn't garantee the money back, nor that he'll double the money.
    He stated the rules pretty clear, only get fooled if you don't want to spend 5 minutes reading.
    The top button, will for sure get more traffic, but that's the price to pay for the risk of not getting your money back. ;)

Jarodboy, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  14. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I'm stilling getting tonnes of traffic. mmmzr.com was the single biggest refferal of clicks to my website last month and they paid me $2 for it! lol

Who knows what sort of traffic the guys who paid $2K for a link are getting. (I bet the guys at the top are marketing the site like crazy so they get their money back ;) )

Weirfire, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Besides Google, it's been my biggest referrer too for the last 10 days or so. That traffic would have cost me £50 to buy normally, I think I spent $3 (and even got that back twice). For me, it did what it said on the box (though it didn't quite double traffic).

T0PS3O, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  16. Anteros

Anteros Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good to see that buyers are satisfied with this kind of sites. Specially when you got yours posted on seth's blog.

I think I should ask Michelle Malker to post about mine :D

Anteros, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  17. bigmack

bigmack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone get any updates on this mmmzr thing? Ever since he posted that "Ooooops!" blog entry noone has bought another link, nor has he even attempted at clarifying things to bring the trust factor back.

bigmack, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  18. Brilliances

Brilliances Active Member

Best Answers:
    He is not accepting offers no more. It's pretty unfair for the $4000 and $8000 advertisers but I doubt whether his model would have attracted any more takers anyway. I think any ads above 1 or 2 grand would be purely speculative.

Brilliances, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  19. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they demand their money back! Does it say anywhere in the terms and conditions that he can just stop taking bids? He could end up losing money if the buyers of the top spots demand their money back.

Weirfire, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  20. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I bet its because his Paypal account was frozen which is why I stopped buying at a certain point. I got way over double my money and am still getting lots of traffic so I guess sometimes you win some, some time you lose.

yfs1, Nov 8, 2006 IP
    Bender likes this.