1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My last ever thread on Resident Evil. Touch wood, and goodbye, from thesaunderschild...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 8, 2022.

This is my last EVER thread on Resident Evil, mainly due to the fact that I've talked enough about it over the years. Now I find it's kind of pointless and unhealthy, giving how most online forums are either dead these days, or the ones with daily posts like GameFAQs are full of puppets.

I'm not going to bow down to Capcom, after treating this franchise like crap.

Basically, the series died at RE4. I know RE4 is a great action oriented horror game, but it doesn't resemble anything from the previous games beyond like having Leon back, but he acts so corny. The game also has a shopping system for your goodies, and Jesus H. Christ. No horror type game should even have that incorporated.

Those remakes were garbage. More so, RE3 was worse. But RE2 had a lot of problems as well. Mostly because Capcom should have learned from the RE1 remake era, instead of deluding themselves into believing the GameCube run was a complete flop. It wasn't. But the amount of cut content was disgraceful. Why did they take out the damn clock tower and the dead factory, and make Nemesis act so braindead?

They're wrecking these characters. Chris looked awful in RE7. People say that RE7 was a 'return to form' for the series, but they didn't even try to be original. All Capcom did was rip off things from well known horror movies. That's it. It didn't even really resemble Chris, giving how they took away his muscle mass, and his face and voice was all wrong. Although they kind of corrected this a bit for RE8. But to be honest, I feel like Chris was only really in 7 and 8 because they needed to have a link to the older games. These games don't even feel like RE games either. All they were good for was for fans to make these dumb memes about that tall vampire lady with the hat, and the other bosses looked stupid, like that magnetic robot man with the hammer.

Where the hell is Jill? She hasn't been in any new RE canon since RE5. You absolutely cannot count remakes, and spin offs that predate RE5 don't really apply either. Yet in the RE3 remake, they tried to make her even more unlikeable than Abby Anderson. Not that I had an issue with Abby, even though many other fans of The Last of Us whined about her incessantly 2 years ago.

Besides that, Capcom has copied ideas from other games. RE8 has this house where they think they're in the world of Silent Hill, even going as far as to include a living mannequin that follows you. Even if it's technically a dream environment and it ain't supposed to be real, it's still copying from the rival series.

My final beef worth bringing up is the sheer amount of times Capcom goes and revisits Raccoon City in games, movies, comics, Netflix shows, and whatnot. Like, why bother? Seriously. They decided to have the city blown up in the original RE3, back in 1999. So I mean, why milk the tar out of the series and genre? It's sad.

Anyway, I guess no-one likes a "too long, didn't read" rant or essay on any subject, so I'll leave it at that. But, really. I'll always prefer those old PlayStation RE games that were creepy, had amazing atmosphere, and brought me pleasure. Of which none of these ridiculous modern RE games really bring me any longer.

All the best, and good luck, but Capcom... they can go 'F' themselves for being money grabbing hacks.

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 8, 2022 IP
  2. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Time has took its toll, so gaming forums are dead.

Well, except for the shitty forums like GameFAQs...

But shhh. We don't talk about GameFAQs. Do we!?

:D

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 13, 2022 IP