1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Journey to Gold status with Chitika

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Deadmanscrosszone, Apr 7, 2014.

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share my experiences with the Chitika network and how I managed to get my smallish site approved for Gold status.

Firstly, I am not associated with Chitika other than holding a Publisher account with them.

So I run a small gaming forum focused around an iphone/ipad game. This is my first real experience with building websites so working with ad networks is also quite new to me.

So I added the Chitika code to my sites and started to display the ads. I left it a couple of weeks for the network to learn my site and collect cookies.

After this period, I was receiving approx 40,000 impressions and 40-50 clicks per day, although my CPM was very low - $0.01CPM.

I felt this was very low and opposed to just removing the tags and trying another network I decided to give their number a call and I was surprised to actually speak to someone.

I discussed my site and the fact that the CPM was low and I was told that I should apply for a higher level for my site. The person I spoke to "Andrew I believe" said he will log the application on the system for assessment and this could take a few weeks to be looked at.

I left their code on my site for this period of time so their systems could continue to monitor my site stats.

About 2-3 weeks later I noticed my CPM lift and it went to a reasonable level for a forum.

$0.13 - $0.29 at it's highest.

Having checked my Chitika Dashboard under site settings I can now see that my site is on their Gold Level.

To summarize - In order to achieve Gold Status with Chitika here is what you need to do.

1) Add Chitika code to your website
    2) Let the ad system learn about your traffic (1 week should be enough)
    3) Contact Chitika and actually make the request to to be upgraded (This is very important as I do not believe you will get automatically upgraded - you need to request it!)
    4) Allow a few weeks to be assessed.

Hopefully this will help a few others who have become concerned about the lower CPM's from Chitika.

I worked for me and i'm quite happy.

I'm happy to provide some screen shots if anyone would like them.

All the best Guys.

Chris

Deadmanscrosszone, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  2. Chitika Support

Chitika Support Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad Andrew was able to help you get your application in for Gold status and that you saw a higher CPM for it. Even though we can automatically upgrade some publishers, it is a lot faster to put in the request yourself either via phone or email ( - we take Gold Level requests either way).

Chitika Support, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  3. HumayonSubzwari

HumayonSubzwari Member

Best Answers:
    Been a week since I applied to Chitikas gold publisher account. Hope it gets accepted soon for my website - studentbounty.com

HumayonSubzwari, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  4. Chitika Support

Chitika Support Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It can take up to three weeks for approval after we send your domain along to our Gold team. Thanks for your patience. :)

Chitika Support, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  5. HumayonSubzwari

HumayonSubzwari Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you guys have such quick service.

HumayonSubzwari, Dec 8, 2014 IP