1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Ip and domain is different. Why ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by dodo34, Oct 21, 2015.

i have rented my own server and put my website on it.

But now when i make an test with http://seositecheckup.com/ or any other Seo tester i get an error message.

Before i was ranking on googles 3rd page, now i am on 8 and going still back.

that is the eroor message i get:

IP Canonicalization Test:
    Your site's IP 81.28.XXX.XXX does not redirect to your site's domain name. This could cause duplicate content problems if a search engine indexes your site under both its IP and domain name.

please help me solving it. Is this a wordpress or server problem ?

dodo34, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Without knowing what site is in question so things like checking the whois, reverse DNS to normal DNS, response headers and so forth, it's VERY hard to say what's going on.

NOT that I trust scam artist nonsense like seositecheckup (most of their advice has jack **** to do with good practice or SEO) but this particular error means something is likely really awry... though what it describes is quite common if you are hosting more than one domain at the same IP address, so not sure why it would be bitching about that...

Either that or you've done something silly like all you have at the proper domain is a redirect to some other site instead of on-site.

deathshadow, Oct 22, 2015 IP