1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Guide to Become a Domain Reseller

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by initiotech, Jan 9, 2012.

Hi,

I would like to share my guide on becoming a domain reseller.

I am a software developer so basically I get clients who want me to register their domains and manage it for them. I used to first register domains from Registrars like BigRock , net4india , indialinks etc.. depending on the coupon codes available and the cost of the domain i would add say 10-20 INR for myself for registering the Domain name and for the services i would be providing them for creating their email accounts , changing DNS etc.

The only issue I faced while registering domain from other registrars were the WHO.is records when my client would lookup the whois details he would know from where I am purchasing the domain from and would check the actual price and i would lose a sale for further domains.

Then I searched for a good Reseller Program to sell domains directly and I checked GoDaddy's reseller program , BigRock's reseller program.

I was confused which to prefer so I noted some points for both the reseller programs
    Both looked good but had few issues.

Bigrock gives u a subdomain for your company like yourcompany.bigrock.in to sell the domains and for every sale it gives you a commission but this commission can only be withdrawn when it reaches a particular payout limit.

Again this was an Issue as for us starup's we cannot block our funds till it reaches a limit.I registered few domains with BigRock and not godaddy as a reseller because of the Support from Bigrock and the prices off course.

But then again this did make any difference for what I wanted as the Who.is records still showed BigRock as the Registrar.

Then I checked Directi's Reseller Club program in india.

What they wanted was a Initial Deposit which could be used for registering domains so it was not a fee.

I registered with them and now I sell domains through Reseller Club.

The Whois records shows my name but as Registration Service Provided by : MyCompanyName and my URL
    so this is much better than any other reseller programs.
    As it is my own name now displayed on WhoIs.

Also I can set my own prices for the domain names.

My buying cost is set according to slabs but even on the base slab you would find the rates better than other providers and offer an competing price than other providers.

So if you guys are confused about what reseller program to use I would highly recommend ResellerClub I have about 10+ domains registered with them after becoming a reseller and 20+ domains registered with BigRock before becoming a reseller but the profit is higher in my 10 domains which i have sold rather than that of BigRock.

Regards

initiotech, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  2. goldmon

goldmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    resellerclub and bigrock have api's? http api?

goldmon, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  3. initiotech

initiotech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know about BigRock but Resellerclub has API's and also it has an Easily Customizable SuperSite so you can customise the look of your website easily.

initiotech, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  4. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    If we've the API access from the reseller club then it would be great to build our own branded domain name registration service.

smileverse, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  5. initiotech

initiotech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. You can do that but ResellerClub gives you your own brand.

You can redirect your domains to your Domain Sale website by adding A Records etc..

You can infact have your own DNS nameservers also using ResellerClub.

So you can provide your customers with nameservers like ns.yourcompanyname.com ns1.yourcompanyname.com etc..

initiotech, Jan 10, 2012 IP