1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My google adsense won't show up on my page

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Kiwifaramir, Aug 14, 2005.

I have recently signed up for google adsense for my blog http://journeyofthering.blogspirit.com/
    I created a new block for the adsense for content code, then saved it but all that appears on my blog page (once I saved it) is a balnk space where the ads should be.
    Heres the code I pasted in:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-0477932261116325";
    google_ad_width = 120;
    google_ad_height = 600;
    google_ad_format = "120x600_as";
    google_ad_type = "text";
    google_ad_channel ="";
    google_color_border = "000000";
    google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
    google_color_link = "339900";
    google_color_url = "339900";
    google_color_text = "339900";
    //--></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
    Thanks,

Callum McCabe

P.S- I was easily able to add Google Adsense search to my blog page without any problems.

Kiwifaramir, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  2. lixor

lixor Active Member

Best Answers:
    perhaps is a problem from Google and is not the first time. although the banners doesn't appears for 2 days now, in my account i have many impressions, many clicks and a few bucks for these last days.
    so, my advice is to leave the code on the page and check your account later and see if you have some impressions and maybe clicks.

lixor, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  3. pcdoc

pcdoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Woud you care to give us your URL?

pcdoc, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  4. sercan

sercan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is very normal to have blank ad spaces for new users... there won't be ads before google spidered your site... i think, you should wait for a while... If the problem continues then send a mail to AdSense support team..

sercan, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  5. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    here's the problem on your site. You should paste the script as is without connecting the first line with the second line of the code just like what your site has:

Google give you these codes:

And it should be placed on your blogger code as is without changing it. In your site I found out that the codes look like these:

What you've done is not only against the TOS but causes the ads not to show.

Look at these codes of your site. I don't think Google Adsense bot can understand these:

kawebspy, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  6. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:

I disagree

The way you think that the ads are wrong, is not wrong. As long as the little ';' symbol there, everything is ok. You could use no spaces, or hit enter 6 times between eachline and as long as the code is still between <script> and </script> and is unedited then its fine.

exaro, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  7. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I already had experienced it in my sites and I give you advices based on my experiences. If you will not believe me then it's up to you to do some experiment of your Adsense codes. Don't just be contented with your knowledge but do some experiments and you'll see.

kawebspy, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  8. Key

Key Peon

Best Answers:
    You may also want to disable any ad blockers you have running in your web browser. I use Firefox, and it took me a few hours to realize that the reason I wasn't seeing any ads on my page was that my browser automatically removed/hid them.

Key, Aug 14, 2005 IP
  9. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    yap in many cases that's true. Ad blocker do block the showing of Ads. But in his site case, its the code of the Adsense.

To let you know, when I was doing some tricks on my Wordpress code for my Adsense, I experienced that problem many times, especially if the first line of the script is placed on the line preceeded it. Just like what I have said on my previous post.

kawebspy, Aug 15, 2005 IP